Notices

Old 9 Dec 13, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Wubbster
Very Serious Dibber

"I've Ran Out Of Things To Sell" Pre-Trip Report

My second pre-trip report and more excited than ever for our 6th trip in 6 years to Disneyworld!

The Cast
Me(Nick,Daddy,Dad)
I am 37, will be 38 when we travel and probably the biggest Disney geek in the house, I have overtaken my wife who started me with all the planning and excitement but we both enjoy the build up and the planning immensely. I have owned my own toy store for 10 years and it is getting tough but it still pays for a mortgage and my brothers employment so it cannot be doing too bad! My fave park is Epcot, my fave character is Mater, and my fave movie is probably Cars, but difficult to commit to something!My fave Disney moment is when we first walk into Downtown Disney and hear the lovely music playing and it hits home we are back to our fave place! The pictures of me and wife are from the chip shop at Downtown Disney and we must have been in a weird mood!

Alison
35 years young, and works for the RSPCA, my DW is definitely to blame for my love of Disney (even though I had been before I met her but shhhhhhh she doesn't know!). Her fave park is Magic Kingdom, her fave character is Maximus and her favourite Disney moment was the meal we had this Feb at CRT.

Indiana
The most spoilt 7 year old I know, already this will be her 6th trip and sadly expects it every year, so when the time comes when we cannot afford it she will be very upset(we cannot say the fairies arrange it anymore). She loves Disney Princess' like all young girls, she loves all the shows like Austin & Ally, Jessie, Dog With A Blog etc etc and the Disney Movies like Teen Beach Movie, Geek Charming, 16 Wishes etc. She is helping with the planning this time and looking forward to pin trading as she only got into this last year.

Spencer
Not even 3 until May next year and already due for his 3rd visit to Disneyworld. I feel this year he will get more than ever out of the trip and is obsessed with Mickey & gang, Buzz & Woody and the Disney Junior guys. I am hoping he is ok meeting the characters, he was ok this year in Feb but a year is a long time when you are 2!

The Name
Now the business isn't doing massive turnover funding a Disney holiday is not easy. So to pay for the last 3 now we have sold all our unnecessary stuff we had accumulated, when the shop was doing really well I would bring stuff home all the time(collectible toys,statues etc) and I collected video games and dedicated an entire room to my collection so we raised thousands selling it all. Paying for next years trip was not going to be easy but I made the decision to sell my Disney cars collection which once I listed it all on ebay was around £15k of value so that paid for the holiday and allowed me to invest money into the business to continue to grow it a little. So basically, we have now ran out of stuff to sell and are left with all our Disney collectables and my DWs Harry Potter busts. So the name "I've ran out of things to sell" relates to all that!

Continued soon...
WDW AKL 2019
Wubbster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 13, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Wubbster
Very Serious Dibber

The Build Up/Reveal
As my daughter expects to go each year,even when we tell her we cannot afford it, we know that some obvious "clue" or something like we have done in previous years may be too obvious for her to guess we are going to Disneyworld. So I needed to do something fun but throw her off the scent. So the plan was a series of clues which suggested she will be awarded a teddy, the clues revealed a date and then a location(which was Disney Store). So 4 clues led her to Disneystore.Here are the 4 clues, she got them for losing a tooth, doing well at school etc etc.

So bright an early on November 30th we head to Disneystore(I had made a cheeky call to them a few days before) where a lovely cast member announces that 3 special packages have been left for Indiana, Spencer and Alison! My DW had no idea there would be one for her! Indi's Mickey had another clue under his arm!

So that last clue led to another little clue with a memory stick telling Indi to watch the video. I had made a 4 minute reveal video with loads of photos basically then revealing we were going to Disney World on February 12th! The next lil surprise was a knock at the door(was me as I sneaked out the back door and quickly ran back in as I know my kids go running to the front door) and there was 3 large Disney parcels! So the kids and wife then had some Disney goodies to open to continue the excitement!(didn't really get any good pics of this other than some untidy house pics!).

Both got new outfits! So that was the big reveal and it all went to plan, 3 months of clues and planning! Oh also did them a countdown chart each

So at this point was 74 days to go, but with Xmas and Birthdays in between it will go fast!

Continued tomorrow probably as need to wrap some pressies!
WDW AKL 2019
Wubbster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 13, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Loved reading pre trippy

The reveal was fantastic! Makes me wish we hadn't told dd when we booked, I bet their faces were priceless.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 13, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Figaro's Paws
Gone all Goofy

Can't wait! Will be more excited once the plane journey is over... !
Figaro's Paws is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 13, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Wubbster
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Figaro's Paws View Post
Can't wait! Will be more excited once the plane journey is over... !
I can knock you out Mr T style if you want?

Actually I wont, it's your turn to look after the kids! Get in!
WDW AKL 2019
Old 9 Dec 13, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Sounds great so far

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 13, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Aww what a great reveal story! Looking forward to reading your updates
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 13, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Kaspian
Very Serious Dibber

Party night once a week? :O
Kaspian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 13, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Wubbster
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Kaspian View Post
Party night once a week? :O
haha yes maybe I should explain, in homage to my grandparents who used to call a special night a week a "party night" when me and my brother slept there, I continued the tradition with my daughter. It just means she gets to stay up and eat crisps etc and watch a movie!
WDW AKL 2019
Old 10 Dec 13, 12:47 AM  
Link to this Post

Lovely x looking forward the next installment
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List