Notices

Old 10 Feb 14, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Tuffy will be 2 in April, Rufus (Hotfuzz Alaskan Fire and Ice)will be 3 and my brown boy Simba (Springmeadow Calyfornia Dreamin) has just turned 4. Ex queens make lovely pets. Pussycat
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 14, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
littlejem1
Dibbing with Tink

Great start to your pre trip report, We fly out on the 11th.

January 2006 & 2009 Paradise Cove
September 2014 - Bella Vida
January 2016 - Compass Bay 2nd Honeymoon
February 2019 - Eagle point South.
Disney, Finally here we come and the Grandkid's still don't know Sshhhh- September 2014
Time to say Good-bye... January 2016
littlejem1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 14, 04:53 AM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Lovely start to your pre-trip, think your plans are spot on, we are planning a split next year, time onsite at disney (hopefully with free ddp) to blast through all the Disney parks, and then a week offsite to do all the other stuff. Could you pack one case for Disney and another for the other days to minimise unpacking/packing?

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 14, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post

That's such a good plan smedley! Love being that organised! That will definitely help my laziness
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 14, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post
miss_mouse
Imagineer

I'm so excited for you.
I'm sure he will come around... Who couldn't? : )

@adeandlisadodisney

All of my Trip Reports...Here!
miss_mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 14, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Can't quite believe I'm writing this after 7 long years of wishing and hoping... but we are officially going to Florida on the 4th September.
I have just booked the Disney part of our holiday
4th September - 13th September at the Caribbean Beach Hotel! I have only paid the deposit as I'm still waiting for my money to come through from the solicitors. But it's booked. We're going. Really doesn't feel real!
Caribbean beach hotel is the first of Tom's surprises. I said that we could only afford the cheapest Disney hotel and I have really talked it down to him... but we had a little more money that I thought so I upgraded slightly. I just think that he would hate the bright colours of the Value resorts, and this way he might want to come back again instead of going skiing the year after
Literally can't stop looking at my Booking Confirmation!
What happens now? When will I get to link my booking up to all kinds of stuff? I have no clue about this stuff! So excited right now!
Next to book- Flights
Old 15 Feb 14, 01:08 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Great start, love the look of your cats but especially the almost hairless one, it reminds me on Rachels on in Friends

Excellent choice on a split stay, we did that last year and it was amazing. Also love that you upgraded hotels slightly, the look of Pop Century ect give me a headache!

Ill recommend the Rosen inn at Pointe for Idrive. A really good base and very reasonable priced!

Edited at 01:12 AM.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 14, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Loved your pre-trip report, if Tom likes Alton Towers he'll love the Florida parks and I love your cats they're gorgeous, we have 4 cats and family go around every day to look after them when we are away, look forward to reading more
Taffy1959 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 14, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for your replies The hairless cat is Belle (it's no wonder that her name means Beauty...) she's a really strange cat got a really odd personality! She was the runt so will not grow much bigger now, she's tiny! Taffy I'm hopefully having the same plans and my friend is going to come and cuddle them every day
Glad others are doing the split stay and it's not just me attempting it! Worried I won't want to leave CBR though! I know it's not got the greatest of reviews but it looks like paradise to me Tom has no idea teeheehee
Old 15 Feb 14, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post

International Drive... BOOKED!
Booked at The Point Orlando from 13th - 20th September in an Executive Suite Booked through Booking.com with an advance purchase... but once I had completed the booking, I received an email from the hotel itself and it said this...

Upon check-in, the resort will obtain an "authorization" equal to all nights' room and tax charges, plus $50 per night for possible incidental charges made to your room. Should you be using a bank debit or check card, this "authorization" will be taken from your checking account balance and will not be available to you. At check-out, any unused "authorization" will be released back to your financial institution; however, these funds may not be available to you for 7 days or longer after your departure from the resort.

Is it just the way I'm reading it... or does this sound like a large amount of money?! All nights room and tax charges PLUS $50 per night! It didn't say anything about this on booking.com!
Can someone please tell me I am reading this wrong?!?!