Notices

Old 25 Aug 14, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
howardfamily
Excited about Disney

"Good Morning, good morning!" - Single Digit at last

SINGLE DIGITS – 9 DAYS TO GO!

Wow that has come up really quickly! I so need my holiday now. Everyone at work has been going away and because I’m using nearly 3 weeks leave I can’t even have the odd day off. I’m only going to have 4 days to last me from October until the end of March as it is

The e-ticket and Cruise information all arrived with 18 days to go and it just made everything so real. It’s strange but this year I don’t think we’ve built the trip up quite so much. Megan has been distracted with having a boyfriend for the last 6 months and working, David and I have been busy at work – he’s been doing more hours and I started a new job in November, which has meant concentrating more at work so I’ve been mentally tired as opposed to physically tired in my previous job. It’s funny how using your brain seems to be harder work . Alex is well just very laid back about everything and will go with the flow

The basic plan is done and a friend is going to print it off at work for us as it’s A3 size so won’t print off at home. Unfortunately we can’t laminate it however this means we can write anything we think of directly onto it.

I had some issues with the Post Office travel insurance. I received the documentation for David and I but didn’t get anything for the children. So I phoned them up and they said they’d send it out again. I still didn’t get any paperwork so phoned again and this time I was told it had been sent to the incorrect address. Needless to say it’s all been received now.

We’ve requested all the Fastpass+’s we wanted to do in advance. There aren’t many to be honest. We’ve done some for Magic Kingdom for the first day and for a couple of other days but we haven’t gone mad. We’re hoping to be able to book anything else on the day – we’ll let you know how that works out.

The Memory Maker has been purchased although I don’t think David was keen. We’ll just have to make sure we take every opportunity for photos to make it really worth it. As I said before we won’t be going back for a while and when we do it may not be with either of the children so I want to make the most of it. We have found out that Tower of Terror are now doing a video of the ride which will be included so that’s a bit of a bonus as we all love this ride

David and I updated all the Cruise boarding information. Our port arrival time is 11.30 am which should give us plenty of time to explore the ship and David wants to go on the Aquaduck. Just got to make sure we take swimming stuff in our hand luggage Apparently, it takes a while for luggage to arrive on board.

I went to book our airport transfer from home to Birmingham Airport (and back again) however the company we usually use are not able to do this for us this year. I’ve got the number of another taxi company but they only need a week’s notice so I’m going to do that today.

My weight loss has gone really well. I reached my goal 8 weeks ahead of my schedule. I’ve lost a bit more, to have some in hand for whilst we’re away. Megan and I have both got into going to the gym (5 times a week most weeks) and we’ve even checked the gym out (online) at Animal Kingdom Lodge – we’ve been doing weights and feel that if we have nearly 3 weeks without any will waste what we’ve achieved already. So we’ll have to see if our good intentions are kept whilst immersed in the magic of Disney! Even 2/3 visits each week would be good. I’ve bought lots of pairs of shorts now along with new vest tops and a couple of dresses. I think that should be plenty but am looking forward to cheap shopping in the Malls to see if I can grab some bargains. I have bought a few things but really didn’t think I’d be in a size 10 so am living in size 12’s which are a bit baggy. I suppose it’s a good problem to have considering a few years ago I was struggling to fit into size 20.

Of course the other thing I’ve got to prepare for is that we’re having our kitchen gutted and refitted whilst we’re away. Sounded like a good idea at the time but now I’ve got to clear the kitchen and pack for a 2 and a half week holiday at the same time. This is probably the reason why I only started buying toiletries etc. last week. I’ve got most of the stuff now. I usually buy them from about 6 weeks out to spread the cost I know lots of people buy these whilst there but to be honest I’d rather not trawl my way around Walmart when I can be at a Disney Park enjoying myself on my first day! I always take certain over-the-counter medications as well because you can’t get them in the U.S.

Think that’s everything I need to say. The next instalment will probably not be until we’ve returned and will be the actual trip report. Too excited already!

Love Helen
DLP (Mother/Daughter - 2019
Cruise on Dream / Pop Century 31st Wedding Anniversary- 2019

Edited at 09:55 AM.
howardfamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 14, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Big Dog
Imagineer

Single digits?

What does that mean
Big Dog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 14, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
howardfamily
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
Single digits?

What does that mean
Our countdown timer is now in Single Digits for the days, i.e. 9 today

Love Helen
howardfamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 14, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Gillz121
Apprentice Imagineer

Gillz121's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Well done on the weight loss, fantastic! Not long to go and your plans sound great. I'll have some gym kit in my case as well, let's see if it gets used!
Gillz121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 14, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Dog
Imagineer

Originally Posted by howardfamily View Post
Our countdown timer is now in Single Digits for the days, i.e. 9 today

Love Helen
I was being smart, check mines out
Big Dog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 14, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
howardfamily
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
I was being smart, check mines out
I did

Lets Dance!

Love Helen
Old 27 Aug 14, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
tclaireh
Apprentice Imagineer

tclaireh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Have a great time! Enjoyed your TR last year (from Megan) picked up quite a few tips for our SSR holiday which has sadly been & gone

Well done on your weight loss, fantastic results!

Claire x
tclaireh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List