Notices

Old 6 Aug 15, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
cherie_xx
Excited about Disney

#disneymoon2016 | WDW Honeymoon Pre-Trip - April 2016

I'm not even engaged and I've just booked our Honeymoon for April 2016!

Wait, what?!

Don't worry, I'm not just super presumptuous - James and I have been together for 13 years, since we were both 17 years old and at high school. Earlier this year we bought our first home together and now it's time for the next big life event - marriage!

As well as having our Honeymoon booked, we've booked the wedding too - but our family don't know yet! I'm currently browsing 'save the date' cards in between planning our WDW Honeymoon and we're planning on suprising them with the news very soon.

Here's a small into:
Cheryl (30), that's me and I am definitely the planner queen, money-saving extraordinaire and Disney holiday expert (self-proclaimed but really it's all down to Dibb knowledge and savvy research skills).
James (31), my fiance who let's me do whatever I want - as long as I can provide enough justification and proof that it's a good idea, and doesn't cost too much!

Here's a picture of us from our last WDW visit in September 2009.

I booked our trip only a few days ago, this is what we've got so far:
  • April 18 2016
  • 14 nights @ Caribbean Beach Resort with QSDP
  • 14 day Ultimate Ticket, includes Memory Maker
  • BA flights from Gatwick
All booked through Walt Disney Travel Company

There will be much more to share on both the wedding and the Honeymoon, soon. I'm beside myself with excitement and can't wait to share it with you all!

Pre-Trip Posts
1. Intro
2. Diary Countdown Stickers & MDE First Impressions
3. ADR Booking Time
4. The Itinerary
♥ DLP Dec 2017 & March 2018 - Hotel L'Elysee & June 2018 - Hotel Santa Fe

Edited at 05:11 PM.
cherie_xx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 15, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
aay_esha
Apprentice Imagineer

yay!

Congratulations ! look forward to reading more
aay_esha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 15, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
JosieO
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Ooo a wedding and a Disneymoon to plan, how exciting your family are in for a big surprise!

We're staying at Caribbean Beach Resort next month. It looks lovely, I can't wait! x
Old 8 Aug 15, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
cherie_xx
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by JosieO View Post
We're staying at Caribbean Beach Resort next month. It looks lovely, I can't wait! x
Have you picked your preferred area at CBR to stay in? We're hoping to stay in the Aruba complex - we always joked that after our wedding we'd be striaght on a plane to Aruba as a typical exotic honeymoon destination, so hopefully we get our preferred choice.
cherie_xx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 15, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
cherie_xx
Excited about Disney

Diary Countdown Stickers & MDE First Impressions

My access to MDE was all linked up this week, I was expecting to have to wait a little longer but it was only three days. I have the App downloaded to my phone so have had an explore on there and am really looking forward to be able to use the live wait times and such during our visit. For anything pre-trip I'll probably just access via my PC instead as it's a lot quicker and easier to navigate.

I love countdowns, I love to see that number go down day after day. The MDE site shows you your number of days which is exciting to see, it also tells you the date for when you can book your FastPass+ selections - for me I have it noted down in my diary for February 18. Is it outlandish to book the day of work to plan everything?

I also have a diary that I'm using to keep track of my general life stuff as well as all my Disney related tasks based on dates, such as when I can start making ADR's and my FastPass+ selections. I ordered some cute Disney themed countdown stickets of Etsy seller Pretty Sheepy, they're super cute and she has so many other designs - here's a picture of them:

Planning is at a bit of standstill right now which is frusrating as I've just booked the trip and I'm dying to get started, but worreid I'll get too carried away too early. I'm actually waiting for my 2016 copy of the Unofficial Guide to be delivered in 19 days (told you I love a countdown) - after that I'll sign up to their planning tools on Touring Plans and that's when the fun really begins!
Old 20 Oct 15, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
cherie_xx
Excited about Disney

ADR Booking Time

Tomorrow is our 180 day ADR milestone, I've taken the day off work and everyone thinks I'm mad. I'm very much looking forward to my big Disney day and booking up some restaurants that we want.

We only have the QSDP included in our package, we don't need to book lots of table service dinners but have a few targets in mind for tomorrows bookings.

Since my last post I've been enjoying reading through the Touring Plans Unofficial Guide, I couldn't have planned my 2009 trip without the last one.

We also revealed all to our families about our wedding plans using the 'save the date' cards we'd ordered. Everyone is very happy for us and now the big planning of that day begins along side a Disneymoon!

Edited at 08:54 PM.
Old 30 Oct 15, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
berniegroves
Apprentice Imagineer

Hello, I just found your pre-trip report and am very excited. We will be there at the same time :-) So it will be fun to see how your planning goes. :-)

Did you manage to book all of the ADR's that you wanted? I'm in the process of booking mine now, but as we aren't staying onsite i can't do them all at once.

x
berniegroves is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 15, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

Just found your pre-trippy as was looking for others going at a similar time. We go on the same day and from our countdowns I'm guessing we may even be on the same flight! Our trip will look a little different to yours as we're going with my parents and our son, but still exciting to see what others have planned. A Disney honeymoon sounds very exciting - congratulations!
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 16, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Ktdickson
Proud to wear my Ears

Excited to have found your pre trip report! We're going around the same time, looking forward to reading more!
Ktdickson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 16, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
cherie_xx
Excited about Disney

I've not been very good at updating, but tomorrow is Fastpass day and I could not be more excited.

I've been playing around with Touring Plans for the past few days and working out which rides to Fastpass and as it's now bedtime I think I'm all set for the big day tomorrow.

Alarm set, wish me luck!