Notices

Old 12 Nov 15, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

"It Must Be Believed To Be Seen!" - Dec 2015

Continuing on the old 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' naming of trippies, I bring you 'It Must Be Believed To Be Seen'! Our previous adventures include:

51 Bacon Rolls - Our first Florida adventure together in 2013
"Strike That, Reverse It!" - August 2015

I also have a school trip to Disneyland Paris:

51 Rouleaux De Lard

(see what I did there?! )

Shamefully, I started a New York trippie May this year but I never got round to finishing it. As much as I loved New York, it just wasn't the same as writing a Florida trippie! So we'll just gloss over that and move on

This is us:

Phil and Kim. Me - teacher, early 30s. Him - NHS worker (a charge nurse in a previous existence) and er... slightly more than in his 30s!

I like taking pictures - lots and lots of pictures. I'm hoping to be able to upgrade to my first 'proper' camera before we go.

Some pictures I love:

Some pictures are, quite frankly, naff!

(yay - a blurry picture of MK bus station in the dark! Just what we all wanted!)

"It Must Be Believed To Be Seen" kinds of sums up our Florida experience. Firstly, my OH (Phil) took his first trip begrudgingly to Florida in 2013 at Christmas. This was a 'we will never speak of this again' trip - he wasn't remotely interested in going to Florida or the US prior to this trip. Well, as soon as we'd been there 5 minutes all of his preconceptions went completely out of the window and he totally fell in love with the place. We then booked for August 2015 and had a great time again!

In the meantime, a few things happened that meant we were able to book flights when we saw them to go away at Christmas 2015 as well.

Secondly, having booked to go back so quickly we've had a few of the Florida 'non-believers' (you all know the type, I'm sure! saying 'Why are you going back/you've been before/there are plenty of other places in the world' etc, etc yada yada yada.

Sorry folks - Florida 'Must Be Believed To Be Seen'!

Believe in that magic and you will see it

Also, it must be seen to be believed - one look and you are hooked

Our plan is this:

We fly to Miami with BA leaving at 9.15am. Originally we were on the 1pm flight but BA decided to cancel our outgoing flight (without telling us :angry: ) as there was too short a connection time in Miami to get to Florida. After a slightly panic-stricken and slightly ranty phone call to BA ("What have you done with my flights?! :angry:" ect!) , we ended up on the earlier flight which actually suits us a lot better. We then take a connecting flight and arrive in Orlando at around 7pm, or shortly before. We are then working on this plan:

6 nights at Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando
5 nights at POFQ
2 nights at Universal Resort RPR

So, there is a little taster of our upcoming trip. Until the next time ...

Edited at 09:19 PM.
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 15, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sounds like fun! Always good getting an earlier flight i think. Gets rid of a few hours from the countdown lol.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 15, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
Sounds like fun! Always good getting an earlier flight i think. Gets rid of a few hours from the countdown lol.
Definitely!

Thanks for reading

So, today I booked us VIP tickets for CityWalk for NYE! We discussed the standards ones but hey, we wont be going to Orlando every year for New Years eve! You get extra access to bars and places to sit as a VIP as well as a few other bits. After queuing for hours to use the bathroom and to get a drink in Epcot at NYE two years ago, we thought it was worth the extra money.
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 15, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

How great to be able to go again so soon. Spending NYE there sounds great. Look forward to reading more about your plans.

Diane
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 15, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Ahh so jealous you're there NYE, that's the day we have to fly home to be back for work. I loved the FQ & RPR. Can't wait to read the rest of your plans.
*DLP Santa Fe 03-04-05-07**First WDW Trip Oct/Nov 2011**Sept/Oct 2014 RPR-AKV-POFQ**Christmas/NYE 2015/16 OKW BCV AKV* *Nov/Dec 2018 OKW - Daisy’s 1st Trip* *Feb 2020 POR/OKW* *Feb 2024 Dibb Villa ASM OKW AKL 3 weeks with just 3 of us*
rinroo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 15, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
How great to be able to go again so soon. Spending NYE there sounds great. Look forward to reading more about your plans.

Diane
Originally Posted by rinroo View Post
Ahh so jealous you're there NYE, that's the day we have to fly home to be back for work. I loved the FQ & RPR. Can't wait to read the rest of your plans.
Thanks for reading

So, our food plans are now locked and loaded into MDE

We have ADRs booked at:

The Yachtsman Steakhouse - this is a firm favourite of both of ours.
The California Grill - I can't *wait* to see the castle all lit up from the top of the Contemporary!
Artist's Point - A new one for us
Biergarten - this is Phil's choice and we are going there for lunch on Christmas Day with a booking for the Candlelight Processional for the evening. We saw this in 2013 and it was magical

I've also booked us a table at Tommy Bahamas on iDrive - we ate there in the summer and it was our best meal off site. We are also thinking of revisiting Olive Garden and Bahama Breeze.

I've booked us fastpasses for our days on site - mostly in the afternoon. The plan will be to get to the parks early and park-hop to take advantage of EMH where we can. We know from previous Christmas that the parks are heaving by lunchtime!

Also looking forward to seeing the Osborne Lights and absolutely gutted that it is the final year for them

The only slight change of plans has been that since booking this holiday we seem to have ended up with a tiny kitten to join our elderly cat:

This is Zelda, she was found abandoned at 7 weeks old behind our row of terraces and I took her in. Who could resist that face!?

Our 19 year old cat is quite happy to be left alone for two weeks with a neighbour feeding her and keeping her company as she mainly sleeps all day. However, Zelda loves human company (plus she'd bug my other cat quite a lot) so a different neighbour who is home for most of the day has offered to look after her.

So, everything booked and the cats sorted - time to think about starting to pack... ?!
Old 23 Nov 15, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Momofboys
Imagineer

Momofboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
oh fab Kim, you're back... looking forward to the report already!
Old 23 Nov 15, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
christybell
Imagineer

Hi Kim, will give you and Phil a wave if we spot you

Not long to go now... exciting

July 2009 ASM/TI/Hmew'd Suites
August 2010 OKW/Dibb villa
July2011 OKW/RPR/Cocoa Beach/Dibb Villa
July 2012 RPR/Carnival Destiny/Dibb Villa
July 2013 OKW/Anna Maria Island/Dibb Villa
Nov 2013 Sunset Lakes- my 40th Birthday
April 2014 Cruise and Villa
April 2015 Clearwater/RPR/Dibb Villa
Dec 2015 Dibb Villa to see the Xmas lights
July 2016 RPR/Cruise/Dibb villa
christybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 15, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Oh how exciting, we'll be out there at the same time! Say hi if you see us and I'll do the same! NYE plans so good, we're braving Epcot haha! Can't even wait, it's just going to be the most magical trip ever Hope you're well! xxxx
oh_darling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 15, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Sounds great. We wish we were out there too so we could all meet up again!
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List