Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 8 Aug 17, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
SEAWORLD FAN
slightly serious Dibber

Holy Moly April what a fall. Not just a slip on any auld step or two but down a fancy marble staircase in a swanky library no less! You go girl! But seriously, I'm sure you felt that for the next few days and went all sorts of lovely colours in bruising. I noticed in Poot's report there was no mention of it at all. Such a gent!

It's very true what you say about parents looking out for their children no matter the age. I called my dad over the weekend and in passing mentioned a dodgy belly issue I was having and 10 minutes later he was still telling me about various remedies. In the end, he decided that he would have to come and see if I was ok. He lives over 2 hours away and it was just an icky tummy! I eventually convinced him that I was fine but I've had to call him every evening since with an update!

You handled the seat situation very well by the way. I honestly would have died. Seats in public places are so little. Whenever I take bus trips by myself I invariably get a bigger person that sits next to me. I am very slight so I can understand that they see that they will have more space beside me than beside someone else but I kind of feel that I have paid for my seat too and should not have to share half of it with someone else. Does that make me sound horrible? I'm not really. At least not all the time!
SEAWORLD FAN is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 17, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by SEAWORLD FAN View Post
Holy Moly April what a fall. Not just a slip on any auld step or two but down a fancy marble staircase in a swanky library no less! You go girl! But seriously, I'm sure you felt that for the next few days and went all sorts of lovely colours in bruising. I noticed in Poot's report there was no mention of it at all. Such a gent!

It's very true what you say about parents looking out for their children no matter the age. I called my dad over the weekend and in passing mentioned a dodgy belly issue I was having and 10 minutes later he was still telling me about various remedies. In the end, he decided that he would have to come and see if I was ok. He lives over 2 hours away and it was just an icky tummy! I eventually convinced him that I was fine but I've had to call him every evening since with an update!

You handled the seat situation very well by the way. I honestly would have died. Seats in public places are so little. Whenever I take bus trips by myself I invariably get a bigger person that sits next to me. I am very slight so I can understand that they see that they will have more space beside me than beside someone else but I kind of feel that I have paid for my seat too and should not have to share half of it with someone else. Does that make me sound horrible? I'm not really. At least not all the time!

Sigh. Yes, I like to save my most Clampett-like behaviour for the poshest places.

I am a fainter - I'm sure Poot has just tuned the tumbles out after ten years. Though in a couple more they'll REALLY EMBARRASS HIM - so he'll be sure to mention them then, I'm sure.

Oh, Bless your father. I lost my father when I was twenty - and there is just NO-ONE who can ever duplicate the way your father looks after you, is there?

Lol...I can remember being a bit, erm..."hormonal" after Poot was born - and Ray Charles was trying to help but...wasn't - and I looked at him and bawled, "I just want my FATHER!"

You do not sound horrible. My mother is itty-bitty, too - and it makes me very cross when people assume that she won't mind giving up her armrest - or part of her seat - because she doesn't "fill" it completely.

You want to pay for half my ticket? Then you can have half my seat. Not really, obviously - but still.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 17, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
SEAWORLD FAN
slightly serious Dibber

You have just reminded me of something from my youth. I was a fainter in my teens and used to dread morning assembly when the nuns had us standing for ages and ages praying. There was many's a morning I passed out from the stuffiness in the room and the length of time standing in one spot. There didn't seem to be any underlying reason and by the last year at school I had grown out of it. Very odd. I had completely forgotten all about that.
SEAWORLD FAN is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 17, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post

You have just reminded me of something from my youth. I was a fainter in my teens and used to dread morning assembly when the nuns had us standing for ages and ages praying. There was many's a morning I passed out from the stuffiness in the room and the length of time standing in one spot. There didn't seem to be any underlying reason and by the last year at school I had grown out of it. Very odd. I had completely forgotten all about that.
I think a lot of teenage girls go through that fainting phase, don't they? I'm glad you've outgrown it - I wish I had.

Perhaps it would be different if I were itty-bitty like you, but I always feel that I must drop like a sack of spuds. Sigh.

I can remember one time though - down I went when heavily pregnant - and one of the ladies who rushed over to check on me must have understood my embarrassment...for she said, "Don't worry, you fell very gracefully."
Old 11 Aug 17, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
SEAWORLD FAN
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
I can remember one time though - down I went when heavily pregnant - and one of the ladies who rushed over to check on me must have understood my embarrassment...for she said, "Don't worry, you fell very gracefully."
Please tell me that's not the best compliment you've ever had!
Old 11 Aug 17, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Please tell me that's not the best compliment you've ever had!
Not...quite.