Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 28 Oct 18, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Campinggirl
Very Serious Dibber

We're going on a Bear Hunt, RV trip with Kids - Vancouver to Rockies August 2018 Pre- Travel Day

Pre Travel Day - August 14th

As our flight Vancouver departed in the morning we decided to stay near Heathrow the night before the flight and booked the Park Inn by Radisson for the night.

Simon, (as always before we go long haul), had to work the morning to maximise his holiday and happily my mum had the kids the night before we left so I could do last minute packing and try to get the house in a state that is nice to return to.

I was feeling quite nervous as our 12 year old had a real issue with flying when we went to Florida 2 years ago and we had to delay our outward journey due to him having a panic attack. He assured me that he would be OK this time and I had medication for him in case he needed and we booked special assistance for the airport.(He was subsequently diagnosed with ASD after we returned to the UK which explains his sensory differences).Even though we had these measures in place I was still anxious as to whether we would actually get there! Thank goodness we did and I am now writing this trip report! My worry about this prevented me from taking many photos in the hotel so apologies for that.

Simon was home from work at about 2pm and we took the dog to my Mum's and swapped her (the dog!) for the kids and set off for what turned out to be a very easy drive to Heathrow, made it in about an hour and a half from the Midlands.

The Park Inn was absolutely great for our needs. I liked the fact you can park onsite (Our car was taken offsite at Gatwick 2 years ago and I swear the gear box has never been the same since)!

We also liked the fact the hotel has a swimming pool which we made use of before going for dinner in the hotel restaurant which was fine but was very very busy.

We got back to the room when disaster struck. Joseph managed to drop his new IPhone down the toilet, I felt really sorry for him as he'd downloaded loads of relaxing music for the airport terminal on it . He really has no luck! He took it really well but this made me even more paranoid that things would not go well the next day!

We looked at some planes from the hotel window, Phoebe started writing her new journal and tried to get some sleep!

Campinggirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Pretty stress free for a pre travel day, apart from the dropped phone
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 04:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Nesbits
Very Serious Dibber

Poor Simon, I've done that twice. Was it in his back pocket?
Nesbits is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Campinggirl
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Nesbits View Post
Poor Simon, I've done that twice. Was it in his back pocket?
I think he was watching you tube on the toilet !

Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
Pretty stress free for a pre travel day, apart from the dropped phone
Yes it was good, we always prefer to have a pre-travel night if possible!
Campinggirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 18, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
What a shame about the phone, but glad the rest of the day went smoothly.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 18, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Campinggirl
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by jocat View Post
What a shame about the phone, but glad the rest of the day went smoothly.
It was a shame, I really felt for Joseph , however by some odd miracle despite being completely dead and the screen looking odd and pixelated it worked when we got back. I had left it in the car and it must have dried out .
Old 24 Nov 18, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
great start apart from the phone in the loo!
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List