Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 4 Dec 18, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Apprentice Imagineer

Pint of Downeast Cider please. Boston 2018 Part1

So it was time for our trip to Boston. Leander and I headed to Cardiff on the 21st nov on the 19.10 train from Fishguard and Goodwick, very reasonable £25 return all-in for the two of us, and got to the Angel Hotel at about half-ten. Had a lovely couple of pints of the Dark Fruit and hit the sack.
Next morning, after a good old dose of buffet breakfast, headed to Sophia Gardens to catch the 9 bus to Heathrow. Great value at £33 all-in. Would have been cheaper but for booking the more expensive 11.10 on the way back. Im a big fan of the Heathrow National Express from Wales, 3 stops and a 3 hour journey.
On getting to LHR and checking in at the Virgin Atlantic desks, we went to the No. 1 Lounge for the most ridiculous waste of money experience I have ever done. Go there and order the cheese and biscuits plate. !
Went to our gate and boarded for the 16.35 flight, had seats 46 H and K at the front of Economy Delight and an empty seat between us, you wont believe the space you get. The pilot announced an hours less flight with no turbulence expected.Result The flight went quickly as you could imagine and before we knew it we were descending into Logan Airport. A quick and efficient passage through Immigration and we were out to the bus stands where we got the Silver Line 1 bus to our hotel, The Seaport which was the first stop. Man it was cold. The wind chill was at -20 according to the driver. My hands were burning as if they were in boiling water and I had to put on one of Leanders womens bobble hats
Checked into what I can only describe as the best hotel I have ever stayed in. What a place. We ate there that night as it was too late and far too cold to go out that night.
Up at 5, naturally, and went to the 7-11 across the street for the first of many Pumpkin Spice Lattes, got Leander up a couple of hours later and we walked to the Tea Party exhibit to catch the Hop On-Hop Off trolley. It was avery good and informative trip and got off at the Old State house to get a look at that and Quincy Market. We had amazing turkey rolls at Quincy and they set us up until the night. It was lovely wandering around Boston Common etc. and finished up at the Cheers bar. (The original one). We went to the pub underneath the street where the steps and door are the ones from the show, but the pub bears no resemblence to said show. I had another 2 of what became many pints of Downeast Cider on this trip. Leander stuck to Pepsi. I loved it in the pub and was chatting about my favourite subject, the NFL, with others at the bar.

We went back to the trolley stop outside and went back to the hotel,changed and went to the Smoke Shop on Congress St. in the Seaport District, where I had the best barbecue platter I have ever had for many a year and Leander swore by her Brisket roll. Another Downeast Cider please barman .
We went back to the hotel where Leander wanted a lemonade and to sit by the fire in the lounge. Another Downeast Cider please barman.
mitch-fishguard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 18, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

Boston is on our list of destinations for the next couple of years, can’t wait to read along.
Sounds a bit chilly.

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 18, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Apprentice Imagineer

It got warmer ! As you can see, my coat was unzipped. Leander felt the cold badly on the first day, but was OK for the rest of the trip
mitch-fishguard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 18, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I'm looking forward to reading along! I'm glad you enjoyed wandering around the common. The cheers bar was a bit of a disappointment we took photos outside like you did and then just wandered through as you say it doesn't look anything like the show inside!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 18, 02:09 AM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

Looking forward to reading! We're back to Boston in May Great first day.

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 18, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
good 1st day
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List