Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 14 Nov 18, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
KATIEMAC
Apprentice Imagineer

New York, New York half term Travel and Day 1 My friend is the Captain!

Hello, I’m Katherine and this is our NYC trip.

We had six days in NYC over half-term, myself, husband David and DD15. My son has just started university, so he couldn’t come - that went down well! It's our third visit, so we tried to do things and go places we hadn't experienced before, as well as some old favourites.

We flew from Manchester to JFK with Thomas Cook. Great flight, and it helped that my friend Jane was the Captain! No upgrades though, the flight was full, due to the school holidays. But it was so lovely, knowing that my friend was flying us to NYC or 'chauffeuring' as she put it

Immigration took a while, but our cases were waiting for us when we got through. Previous trips meant we now walk pass the taxi rank and head for the Air Train, then the LIRR to Penn Station. Journey takes about 20 mins and half the price of a cab!

We stayed at Embassy Suites on 37th between 5th and 6th, we’d spotted this hotel being built in October last year. It’s in such a great location, we decided to book. We just walked from Penn Station and we were in our lovely room by 4pm. It was King Suite, the sofa was pull out double bed and DD said it was comfy. Our bed was very, very comfortable.

The hotel puts on snacks and drinks between 5pm-7pm so we had something to eat before heading out.

We just had a general wander as tiredness was kicking in. We went to a small Japanese restaurant for dinner. DD is vegan and that poses a few problems in choosing where it to eat.

DD and I are huge Hamilton fans, we saw it in London in the summer. So we had to walk past the Broadway theatre, then go to the merchandise shop across the road - it’s got its own shop! DH is slightly bemused by all this Hamilton stuff.

So singing a few Hamilton tunes, we walked back to the hotel and were in bed by 1030pm.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
2009 Villa, Clearwater and POR / 2011 Villa Lake Berkley 2013 Townhouse Lake Berkley 2016 New York - Nashville - Memphis - Tampa - Universal Studios
2017 NYC, 2018 NYC

Edited at 10:53 PM.
KATIEMAC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 18, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Mobile

How great having your friend as pilot!

My daughter and I saw Hamilton in London too and we are desperate to see it again. We’d definitely have to pop into their shop!
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 18, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Clarey
Imagineer

How lovely to have your friend chauffeuring you. Great start.
Clarey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

That’s fantastic havong your friend as the captain. I am desperate to see Hamilton!
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List