Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Oct 20, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Kcstyle
slightly serious Dibber

ba fly drive - change internal flight?

Hi

Our flights are almost ready to book - the prices the week before are great - £2000ish for 2 adults 2 children with car.

It is from Aberdeen to Heathrow in the eveing then onto Orlando the next morning.

Problem is the flight out arrives at Heathrow at 10pm so we would not be in the hotel until at least 11pm which is pretty late for the kids.

Do you think it would be possible to book it then talk to them on the phone to see if we can move it from the 8:30pm flight to london to the 5:30pm flight to London?

Thanks
Kris
Kcstyle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

I am assuming the earlier flight is more expensive?

If so, they would most likely want to to pay that difference, and perhaps an admin fee as well.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

If not booked yet, why not just book the earlier flights anyway. (As a through ticket out and return presumably?)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Kcstyle
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
I am assuming the earlier flight is more expensive?

If so, they would most likely want to to pay that difference, and perhaps an admin fee as well.
its not appeaering when i do flight and car - other flights are transfer to Gatwick (Aberdeen doesnt fly there) or fly in the morning to Heathrow which just makes me nervous!

I know there is a flight though as it appears if i just do Aberdeen to Heathrow direct on the day.
Kcstyle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Kcstyle
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
If not booked yet, why not just book the earlier flights anyway. (As a through ticket out and return presumably?)
so like multi city?
flight 1 Friday Abz lhr
flight 2 lhr to orl
flight 3 orl to abz

Will that still give me the cheap price though?

Also does anyone know if the cases would stay at Heathrow overnight or if we would have to collect them and check in again (probably should be a different question! its no big deal though as we dont really have any other options from Aberdeen!)
Old 22 Oct 20, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

If it is a through ticket then the checked cases stay with Heathrow overnight and go onto your transatlantic flight.

You can only try to see if creating a custom itinerary will give you an acceptable price.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Have a play on Ba website, using customise your trip. Add a hotel at airport and a car. Then adapt to what you want.

I have been playing. You need to say UK destination from your domestic airport to Orlando on one day and return on one day to get through tickets. (And same on way back). Once you click continue to get your price options you can then see a large raft of options stretching over a day or two so you can take it at whatever pace you want.
It is more responsive than the fly drive option only.

See what that throws up and go from there.

Good luck.

Edited at 04:59 PM.
Old 22 Oct 20, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I've found BA holidays very helpful in the past so I'd suggest booking on the phone rather than booking online and then asking them to change it. Price it up with the later flight before calling so you've got a rough idea of the cost.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kcstyle View Post
so like multi city?
flight 1 Friday Abz lhr
flight 2 lhr to orl
flight 3 orl to abz

Will that still give me the cheap price though?

Also does anyone know if the cases would stay at Heathrow overnight or if we would have to collect them and check in again (probably should be a different question! its no big deal though as we dont really have any other options from Aberdeen!)
You put in flight I Aberdeen to mco one day, flight 2 MCO to Aberdeen. One day for each.

It will then calculate it but after you click to see your options you can then click below the outbound flight to see a range of other flights. Some will be that day with an overnight some will be same day.
Old 22 Oct 20, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Kcstyle
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks everyone I'll have another go after supper!