Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 30 Apr 17, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Glad you had some time to enjoy yourselves on the last day. Shame about all the security experiences though.

Poot's comment about the plant which rolls up reminds me of my childhood visits to Roath Park in Cardiff, where they had a 'sensitive plant' you could touch. I was fascinated!

As Poot is such a bird fan he might enjoy Peter's video of our recent visit to the Wildfowl and Wetland Centre in Barnes - here you go!

Thanks Gill (and CRP) - I will show that video to Poot tomorrow!

I've only ever been to Barnes once - it was a week after the 7/7 bombings and I had gone down to a wine merchant there to pick up some port. I walked out into the high street just as the minutes of silence started. So whenever I think of Barnes, I think of standing there on the high street - in silence - praying for the dead.

Perhaps it's time to replace that memory with a new one.

Thanks for following to the end -
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 17, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
miss_bell
Imagineer

miss_bell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Thank you for sharing your trip report.

Botanical Garden is on my list
'
1990 Motel 1991 I Drive 1995 & 1998 Villa 2003 Lindfields 2005 & 2007 SL 2005 Bahama Bay 2006 NBH 2008 Liki tiki Resort 2009 & 2018 POFQ 2011 & 2016 Cheyenne 2012 OKW 2013 Coral Cay 2015 SSL 2015 SSR&BCR 2019 WL 2016 & 2022 CSR 2014 & 2023 CBR 2024 ASMU

miss_bell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 17, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by miss_bell View Post
Thank you for sharing your trip report.

Botanical Garden is on my list
'
Thank YOU for taking the time to comment day by day (even on sites that were obviously to you)!

We really enjoyed the BG - and I am NOT a garden person. It made for a good break from the museums. And if it is cold outside when you visit - then it's even lovelier.

Edited at 03:44 PM.
Old 4 Aug 17, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What a great last day - the Botanic Garden looks beautiful and how fantastic that they really engage the kids! That backpack is huge!

I love fry bread but I have never had the cheese version, that looked amazing. We had it in Prague and they smothered it with Nutella 😋 Dangerous! Lol!

I really feel for you, plane travel seem to bring out the worst in people and manners just seem to be an optional extra. Now I am old 😆 I have no problem speaking up if people are just being ridiculous.

Because we are from Australia, we are grilled every time we come back into the country 🙄 We are all fingerprinted, even Cooper and they even ask him who he is traveling with (he thankfully hasn't rolled his eyes at anyone yet) and he then has to point to us and identify us as 'Mum' and 'Dad', this has been going on for the past 8 years. I understand the importance of border security, I just wish is could be a little less stressful 😬

Thank you April for another fantastic TR, luckily for me you have another trip coming up... no pressure 😆 Michelle xx
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 17, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
What a great last day - the Botanic Garden looks beautiful and how fantastic that they really engage the kids! That backpack is huge!

I love fry bread but I have never had the cheese version, that looked amazing. We had it in Prague and they smothered it with Nutella 😋 Dangerous! Lol!

I really feel for you, plane travel seem to bring out the worst in people and manners just seem to be an optional extra. Now I am old 😆 I have no problem speaking up if people are just being ridiculous.

Because we are from Australia, we are grilled every time we come back into the country 🙄 We are all fingerprinted, even Cooper and they even ask him who he is traveling with (he thankfully hasn't rolled his eyes at anyone yet) and he then has to point to us and identify us as 'Mum' and 'Dad', this has been going on for the past 8 years. I understand the importance of border security, I just wish is could be a little less stressful 😬

Thank you April for another fantastic TR, luckily for me you have another trip coming up... no pressure 😆 Michelle xx

I've NEVER been fingerprinted - and my passport is from a non-Commonwealth country. So it seems VERY strange that you should be.

And I am pro (PRO!) child/parent checks - I just wish the officers would be less...horrible. People who try to make others feel small are just the WORST.

I wish we'd spent more time at the American Indian Museum - and not just in the café, lol. But that frybread was lovely. The cheese was unnecessary, but delicious nonetheless. What can't be improved with a little melted cheese - or bacon - or, indeed - Nutella?

The Garden was just a little oasis in the city - you know I am not really a "garden person" - but even I enjoyed it. The area around is landscaped so beautifully - it must be stunning in summer.

Many thanks for commenting day-by-day, Michelle - it's always such fun to revisit this holiday.
Old 29 Sep 17, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I really hope the cruise was good to you, did you manage to avoid horrid border control types? Did you manage to avoid pesky unruly children climbing over things with non-existent parents? Did you manage to avoid ectoplasm for breakfast? I've been missing you!

I've had another one of 'those' weeks where a bit of a Friday night escapism is well and truly needed...ho hum...

We are here for a trip report so let's get down to business. The final day seems perfect, it sounds like you had great fun wandering round the gardens, we always like a bit of activity especially good when you know you're going to be stuck on a flight for hours on end.

It has also been a final day chock full of what I like to think of as Aprilisms there was the annoyance of overbearing people in positions of power, there was the hello if you were a dibber kind person giving up all the change to Poot, there was the dripping of soup down your t shirt, good photo of you by the way

It's been fab reading about your Boston and DC adventutes and now there is only the final post to go. I have noticed in your countdown that you are planning the 70th birthday of the Queen, so I'm wondering what that will entail.

Hope the autumn is treating you well.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 17, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I really hope the cruise was good to you, did you manage to avoid horrid border control types? Did you manage to avoid pesky unruly children climbing over things with non-existent parents? Did you manage to avoid ectoplasm for breakfast? I've been missing you!

I've had another one of 'those' weeks where a bit of a Friday night escapism is well and truly needed...ho hum...

We are here for a trip report so let's get down to business. The final day seems perfect, it sounds like you had great fun wandering round the gardens, we always like a bit of activity especially good when you know you're going to be stuck on a flight for hours on end.

It has also been a final day chock full of what I like to think of as Aprilisms there was the annoyance of overbearing people in positions of power, there was the hello if you were a dibber kind person giving up all the change to Poot, there was the dripping of soup down your t shirt, good photo of you by the way

It's been fab reading about your Boston and DC adventutes and now there is only the final post to go. I have noticed in your countdown that you are planning the 70th birthday of the Queen, so I'm wondering what that will entail.

Hope the autumn is treating you well.
Oh, Abby...I hardly know where to begin...

...so I will begin, as any LADY should, by offering you my sincerest thanks for your day-by-day comments on this trippie. It continues to mean a great deal to me that you take the time to comment in that fashion.

Now, hmm...as for the autumn treating us well...

There was a medical emergency with R.C. while Poot and I were on the cruise - and that led to some VERY interesting times for us all. I think I'd better talk to him before I blab about it all on the Dibb, as there may be...ahem...legal issues. Sigh.

And I think I may put it to The Queen that she has a choice for her 70th. Either an Alaskan cruise, or a week at the G-Flo. Those are the two holidays she most fancies, but Hans isn't too keen on either of them. My hope is that if we are paying, he'll get keener.
Old 23 Nov 17, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Goodness it's a been a long time. I was thinking of you this morning while brushing my teeth! I was wondering what you were up to, if everything was ok or if it was just normal life that was keeping you away from Dibbing. I was trying to decide whether it was silly of me to be thinking of someone who I'd never met. I didn't really come to any conclusions but I'm glad that you're back!

I'm sorry to hear of more medical emergencies, I don't think you 'need' to share everything with everyone, as long as there's people you can talk to about big important stuff. Sometimes a bit of escapism is a worthy remedy and it's nice to be a bit silly and have a bit of a joke and a laugh in order to remind yourself that not everything is (or should be) big and important.

My vote is for GFLO! But then perhaps you should go to a forum where the members are posting about their love of Alaskan cruises and ask the same question as you might get a different response! It would help in your quest to visit all of the states though, or have you already been to Alaska? My DH would love to visit up there we used to watch the TV series Northern Exposure he loved the idea of the wilderness and the remoteness of the town.

Ahhh it's lovely to have you back, I was supposed to be getting on with dinner but I thought I'd just check my emails and you popped up so I got a bit distracted and just had to reply straight away. I'm off to do a really speedy tuna pasta for the kids and I'll check out your other replies...

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 17, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Goodness it's a been a long time. I was thinking of you this morning while brushing my teeth! I was wondering what you were up to, if everything was ok or if it was just normal life that was keeping you away from Dibbing. I was trying to decide whether it was silly of me to be thinking of someone who I'd never met. I didn't really come to any conclusions but I'm glad that you're back!

I'm sorry to hear of more medical emergencies, I don't think you 'need' to share everything with everyone, as long as there's people you can talk to about big important stuff. Sometimes a bit of escapism is a worthy remedy and it's nice to be a bit silly and have a bit of a joke and a laugh in order to remind yourself that not everything is (or should be) big and important.

My vote is for GFLO! But then perhaps you should go to a forum where the members are posting about their love of Alaskan cruises and ask the same question as you might get a different response! It would help in your quest to visit all of the states though, or have you already been to Alaska? My DH would love to visit up there we used to watch the TV series Northern Exposure he loved the idea of the wilderness and the remoteness of the town.

Ahhh it's lovely to have you back, I was supposed to be getting on with dinner but I thought I'd just check my emails and you popped up so I got a bit distracted and just had to reply straight away. I'm off to do a really speedy tuna pasta for the kids and I'll check out your other replies...
Oh, dear - I just saw this, Abby. Please don't reply - you're already busy enough in other threads! But here are my answers:

I HAVE been to Alaska - I drove the ALCAN Highway the summer I was twenty. It is a stunning part of the world. But I've never see the glaciers. And neither The Queen nor Hans has ever been up there. So it would help THEM with their own "50 States or Bust". I think The Queen only has five states to go.

As to the G-Flo (SPOILER ALERT) - Poot and I were upgraded there in October. And I fear it has rather spoiled me for other on-property resorts. I loved it. But having said that, I loved it having paid POFQ prices. SO...
Old 2 Dec 17, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Oh DH fell in love with GF when we went there to go to 1900 park fare. He loved the resort. I'm very excited to hear about that later.