Go Back   theDIBB > Disney Vacation Club > General DVC Discussion
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.
Orlando Attractions
Unread 10 Aug 19, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Hollie04
Imagineer

I would put the money on to a prepaid card if youre unsure about the rate. I dont think its worth paying for the dining plan, especially with a 2 year old who may need her own meals but wouldnt get credits. My daughter was the same age yours will be on our last trip and she almost exclusively had her own meals at TS restaurants.
Hollie04 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

We are in the same position as you - go in about a week - family of 4 previously had the DDP.

We have made the decision this time to try without it. Have purchased the tables in wonderland card as we do have several meals booked. We also have a landry card and its my birthday in August so that will help.

I plan on making a complete list of everything we spend money on food and drink wise separating out tips so that afterwards I can compare and see if DDP would have been better. We won't know until we try it without so this is that trip!

More panicing over the currency as we haven't changed any over yet! - hoping for a minor miracle but inclined to take minimal cash and use starling and Halifax clarity for everything.
Unread 11 Aug 19, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
matt987106
Imagineer

matt987106's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
we loved the DDP ( when free ) , even when not on it we used to eat onsite 95% of the time, then a while ago we tried off-site, wow, it was great and often cost the same as the disney tip ( look at CiCi's for example )
~2018 Aug - NY, Poly and Mar Cyp Harbour ~~2016- OCT Kidani & Marriott Cypress harbour ~2015 - MAY - DLH ( at DLP ) 2014 - OCT - OKW 1bed with DDP & DC ~ 2013 - OCT - OKW with DDP ~ 2011 - OCT - OKW with DDP ~ 2010 - OCT - OKW with DDP ~2008 - OCT - POP
2007 - FEB - A S movies ~ 2002 - June - POR fq ~ 1998 -May-Offiste
matt987106 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 19, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

Mr Tom Morrow's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by skstorm View Post
We are in the same position as you - go in about a week - family of 4 previously had the DDP.

We have made the decision this time to try without it. Have purchased the tables in wonderland card as we do have several meals booked. We also have a landry card and its my birthday in August so that will help.

I plan on making a complete list of everything we spend money on food and drink wise separating out tips so that afterwards I can compare and see if DDP would have been better. We won't know until we try it without so this is that trip!

More panicing over the currency as we haven't changed any over yet! - hoping for a minor miracle but inclined to take minimal cash and use starling and Halifax clarity for everything.
Nothing like a spreadsheet to focus your mind! Your conclusion will be interesting and I would like to see it.

I actually run one here. Not for any other reason than curiosity.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

'Morrow and Morrow. For the people dot com'

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Third Trip Of 2019 - Back To SSR
Unread 12 Aug 19, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Mobile

We are doing it for the first part of our stay for 5 nights, I dont think we will save money but it would be even. We have our onsite table service meals planned for this part of the stay.
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday.
Unread 14 Aug 19, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Nothing like a spreadsheet to focus your mind! Your conclusion will be interesting and I would like to see it.

Don't worry will definitely let you know the results!
Unread 14 Aug 19, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
We are doing it for the first part of our stay for 5 nights, I dont think we will save money but it would be even. We have our onsite table service meals planned for this part of the stay.
Is that a package with Disney or did you add it on to a DVC booking?

Florida: 2019 x2, 2018 x2, 2017, 16, 15, 14 x2, 11, 08, 07, 05, 04, 03, 01 x2. California: 2017, 16, 07, 05. Dubai, Atlantis: 2016, 2019. Barbados: 2015, Mexico: 2015, NY: 2015, 10, 09, 08. DLP: 2007, 04, 99. Disney Cruise: 2016 & 2011 (Dream), 2019, 2018 & 2014 (Fantasy) Vegas: 2017, 16, 07. Virginia: 2006, 04. Texas: 2013. Seattle: 2010. Detroit: 2010, 09, 08. DC: 2004. Canada: 2011, 10, 09 x2, 08
act1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Polynesian & Copper Creek!
Unread 14 Aug 19, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Midges17
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by skstorm View Post

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post

we have just returned, I also had the will I pay for it dilemma as well, I paid last year but my son was still child price but felt we would have been better just paying as we went, this year as he would be an adult price which is a huge jump in cost, I decided not to pay into it (we did DDP not Quick one) I kept all the receipts & saved a small fortune by paying as we went, occasionally my son still ate of the child's menu as they asked if he wanted one as adult portions are huge, as you all know, I usually still had a cocktail & added that into my comparison sheet & I was definitely cheaper not paying for the DDP.
QuickSilver