Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 14 Aug 19, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
RC22
Very Serious Dibber

Splitting an on-site WDW trip/DDP question.

For Aug 2020 we would like to stay on-site as we have never done this and would like to give the Disney bubble experience a go.

We want to use a dining plan and also (to be difficult) would like a split stay to experience two different hotels. (it also brings the cost down as two weeks at AK Lodge is a lot for us.)

One hotel POR is a moderate for 5-7 days so will qualify for QSDP and the other is AK Lodge so will qualify for the full plan.

I'm happy to have a week on QSDP and a week on DDP without upgrading the QDSP - however my question is... is this possible? Looking at the site I can only book one hotel with tickets at a time, so I figure I'll have to have them linked by Disney somehow, will the dining credits also link?

Sorry if it's covered elsewhere. I had a search but couldn't find anything.
March 2010 I-Drive Quality Inn International Nov 2011 I-Drive Homewood Suites Oct 2012 The Dibb fave Coral's Villa Lindfields Aug 2013 Blue Heron Resort Aug 2014 NY & Orlando Cane Island 10yr Wedding Anniversary., Oct 2016 Windsor Palms, Royal Pacific and Disney Dream Cruise , Aug 2017 Emerald Island Oct 2019 Emerald Island & Vero Beach Aug 22 Glenbrook villa The First Bite That Gets You Hooked. Trip Report
RC22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

The free dining is only valid with a ticket purchase so you would only get the free dining on either the POR or the AKL stay as I suspect you will only be buying 1 lot of park tickets. The only way to get 2 dining plans is to make 2 separate bookings and 2 lots of tickets.

We do split stays but only have the 2nd hotel for 2 or 3 nights to limit the amount extra spent on food. You would still have the dining on the check out/check in day but would have to pay for any food beyond those dates.
Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Treehouse, Beach Club, Coronado Springs Resort, Hard Rock Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort, Endless Summer Dockside, Pop Century, Polynesian Resort, Disneyland Villa's, Aulani
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Unfortunately to do this you would need to buy 2 lots of tickets so it really would be worth it. The dining plan comes tied with the ticket purchase. Would a compromise be a moderate with upgraded dining plan ? Maybe move hotels at the end of the holiday to have a couple of nights in Animal Kingdom Lodge for the experience and pay oop for your meals.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

I would also wait until room discounts are offered or look at renting DVC points otherwise you will be paying rack rate for the 2nd booking so not very cost effective. Or look at booking club level for AKL as you will have access to the lounge/snacks/drinks for free. But again this is expensive (club level also gives you access to booking fast passes at 90 days out but the cost is £50 per person, minimum of 3 days, 2 night stay).
Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Treehouse, Beach Club, Coronado Springs Resort, Hard Rock Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort, Endless Summer Dockside, Pop Century, Polynesian Resort, Disneyland Villa's, Aulani
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
RC22
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks for the replies and the good advice.

I think the best option for us is to stay at POR for the whole stay and stay on qdsp/poss upgrade to DDP or perhaps do a week at AK on the full DDP and then stay offsite for a week or maybe as suggested stay at POR for most of the stay and a couple of nights off plan at AK.

Decisions decisions!
March 2010 I-Drive Quality Inn International Nov 2011 I-Drive Homewood Suites Oct 2012 The Dibb fave Coral's Villa Lindfields Aug 2013 Blue Heron Resort Aug 2014 NY & Orlando Cane Island 10yr Wedding Anniversary., Oct 2016 Windsor Palms, Royal Pacific and Disney Dream Cruise , Aug 2017 Emerald Island Oct 2019 Emerald Island & Vero Beach Aug 22 Glenbrook villa The First Bite That Gets You Hooked. Trip Report
RC22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Daves DVC has a cost/calculator so you can price up dates and resorts but you can't book DVC earlier than 11 months (I think).