Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 22 Feb 17, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessKaty
Getting Excited

I've just begun phone call number 3 in 24 hours, hold time is 60 mins+. Let's see if persistence pays off.
PrincessKaty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

I think 30 minutes of small world is the perfect tune to psyc me up before giving them both barrells. Better than rocky theme...

2024 Early Booker Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I would happily stay at CBR during the building works for $75 a night room credit! That would be amazing. We never use the main pool and always hire a car so wouldn't miss the food court too much. That would give us $900 Disney spends. Kind of wishing we'd booked CBR now. Can't imagine they'd give us the room credit if we changed now!
I know what you mean, it's a huge amount of money, but for us, a move suited us better. There's just the two of us, we have upgraded to DDP, have the $200 gift card,we would have been looking for ways to spend the credit and we truly did want a relaxing stay this time, enjoying the resort. Everyone is different but for us, moving was the way to go.
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Izziamberwoo View Post
IS that direct through Disney Miss shell?
Yes. Though, before I panic anyone I'm at CSR and not CBR and she did say a lot of the calls today are about CBR and theyve taken a view to sort all guests out there first. Sorry if i mislead anyone
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bestbubba View Post
I know what you mean, it's a huge amount of money, but for us, a move suited us better. There's just the two of us, we have upgraded to DDP, have the $200 gift card,we would have been looking for ways to spend the credit and we truly did want a relaxing stay this time, enjoying the resort. Everyone is different but for us, moving was the way to go.
We've just been discussing it, had we already booked CBR we would be happy with the room credit and staying put but we've booked POR this year for something different and if offered CBR with $900 Disney money or staying at POR I'd probably stay at POR. Irrelevant anyway but I do get why some people would prefer to move.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Mclhar
Getting to know the DIBB

I'm following this thread avidly as am booked to stay here for 14 nights from 27/05-10/06. I rang the UK number immediately after getting the email yesterday at 4.30... Ranted and raved on the phone for about 40 mins, to both the agents and then Guest Services but to no avail. I wasn't offered ANYTHING else- we are a family of 5 and apparently that is the problem, only a few hotels are able to accommodate the 5th person. Apparently that May weekend is very busy, there's something on. Anyway- rattled off a huge email last night and don't expect to hear for at least another few days. The thing is, I'm kind of 'over' the food part- I wasn't a huge fan anyway... But the thing that upsets me most is that, with 3 young kids- we loved those evenings after the parks, say around the pool bar whilst the kids watched the movies or spent time in the arcade, ordering takeaway pizza, eats- basically just chilling after a long day in the park. So where are we meant to do that now? Use the facilities of another hotel? Grand- except we can't get a bus directly there, so we have to bus it to the park and then another bus to another resort... And same again after the movie- except the park buses are packed by that time... A total inconvenience. I live in hope though, after reading recent comments...

Edited at 08:55 PM. Reason: Typo
Mclhar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post

on phone now being told i have to pay to move
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
The waltons
Excited about Disney

The waltons's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mclhar View Post
I'm following this thread avidly as am booked to stay here for 14 nights from 27/05-10/06. I rang the UK number immediately after getting the email yesterday at 4.30... Ranted and raved on the phone for about 40 mins, to both the agents and then Guest Services but to no avail. I wasn't offered ANYTHING else- we are a family of 5 and apparently that is the problem, only a few hotels are able to accommodate the 5th person. Apparently that May weekend is very busy, there's something on. Anyway- rattled off a huge email last night and don't expect to hear for at least another few days. The thing is, I'm kind of 'over' the food part- I wasn't a huge fan anyway... But the thing that upsets me most is that, with 3 young kids- we loved those evenings after the parks, say around the pool bar whilst the kids watched the movies or spent time in the arcade, ordering takeaway pizza, eats- basically just chilling after a long day in the park. So where are we meant to do that now? Use the facilities of another hotel? Grand- except we can't get a bus directly there, so we have to bus it to the park and then another bus to another resort... And same again after the movie- except the park buses are packed by that time... A total inconvenience. I live in hope though, after reading recent comments...
Well they will just have to move you to a room thAt takes 5 if you do a dummy booking see what's available
The waltons is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
pokerbanter
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by klang_kat View Post
on phone now being told i have to pay to move

did you book direct?

What dates are you travelling?
pokerbanter is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post

yup booked direct, 29th apr til 9th may. 2 rooms.
Being offered pofq waterview but to pay the difference
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread