Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 20 Mar 21, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Where would you twin with Vancouver?

We're debating a DCL Alaskan cruise for next year and want to spend some time exploring the area, what other areas would you recommend combining with it?

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
My parents did Vancouver and then took a train out to Jasper
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
My parents did Vancouver and then took a train out to Jasper
DH had said about the Rockies, I'd assumed they were mostly over the East side, but from looking at the map that seems perfectly doable.

Thank you, will do some further research

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Last year we had planned/thought about an Alaskan cruise for this year We were going to do about 5 days in Vancouver, visiting VI and maybe Whistler, then cruise and take the train to Seattle for a few days there.
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Definitely the Rockies.

We did a Canadian road trip in 2018, starting in Vancouver and ending in Calgary. There’s a trip report in my signature if you want to look for ideas. It was one of my favourite holidays ever and I’d love to go back again.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dismamx2 View Post
Last year we had planned/thought about an Alaskan cruise for this year We were going to do about 5 days in Vancouver, visiting VI and maybe Whistler, then cruise and take the train to Seattle for a few days there.
Thank you, i'll take a look.

Originally Posted by jocat View Post
Definitely the Rockies.

We did a Canadian road trip in 2018, starting in Vancouver and ending in Calgary. There’s a trip report in my signature if you want to look for ideas. It was one of my favourite holidays ever and I’d love to go back again.
Thank you, got that bookmarked to read through, just skimmed through some of your pictures on your Jasper day - breathtaking!

Old 20 Mar 21, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We did 6 nights in Vancouver pre cruise and then took the coach down to Seattle for 5 days afterwards and from there we went to Florida. If I was doing it again I'd probably explore more of Canada by train.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

In 2015 we flew into Calgary and joined a Rocky Mountaineer tour which included a helicopter ride over the Rockies, a night at the Fairmont Chateau on Lake Louise and a night in Banff followed by 2 days on the Rocky Mountaineer to Vancouver where we stayed in the Pan Pacific for 5 nights before boarding the Disney Wonder for our Alaskan cruise. The ship actually docked beneath our hotel room. After the cruise we flew down to John Wayne airport and had 5 nights at the Grand Californian.

We all agreed it was the best holiday we have ever had. Would love to do it again

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
We did 6 nights in Vancouver pre cruise and then took the coach down to Seattle for 5 days afterwards and from there we went to Florida. If I was doing it again I'd probably explore more of Canada by train.
The more research we do, the more we're talking ourselves out of the DCL cruise and into just exploring around the area / staying in the Rockies instead!

Old 20 Mar 21, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marlouwrig View Post
In 2015 we flew into Calgary and joined a Rocky Mountaineer tour which included a helicopter ride over the Rockies, a night at the Fairmont Chateau on Lake Louise and a night in Banff followed by 2 days on the Rocky Mountaineer to Vancouver where we stayed in the Pan Pacific, where we stayed 5 nights before boarding the Disney Wonder for our Alaskan cruise. The ship actually docked beneath our hotel room. After the cruise we flew down to John Wayne airport and had 5 nights at the Grand Californian.

We all agreed it was the best holiday we have ever had. Would love to do it again
I'm definitely hearing this as a theme across people who have done it! Thank you Mary. Lots of research and discussion going on here