Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Apr 21, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
brindle
Imagineer

Question Skin test/ treatment

Can you still get your hair dyed if you have had the covid vacine within two weeks before, I ask because where I go for brow tint wont do it
What are your experiences?
Brow salon ask if you have had covid or the vacine within 2weeks of treatment they have to leave untill after 2weeks.
Terre Verde Resort April 2008+ April 2010
Florida Keys July 2009
brindle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 21, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Neither my hairdresser or beauty salon have asked about COVID vaccination prior to a skin test. I just need to have one 48 hours before any treatment. I wonder whether it’s linked to their insurance? I’ve tried to google it this morning, but nothing is coming up.
Old 14 Apr 21, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
My hairdresser put out a statement saying no skin test or hair dye within 2 weeks of the vaccine

It’s apparently official guidelines
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 21, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I am sure there have not been any scientific studies between covid vaccinations and hair dye, but this does seem to be a thing salons are doing. Mine didn’t say anything about two weeks, but they asked me about my vaccination situation when I booked my appointment.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 21, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Ive asked a number of hairdressers and salon owners and it is not supposed to be official guidelines. My sil owns a salon and she has contacted her insurance company and they said no it was supposedly some random comments made by someone like that about just allowing cuts and blow dry etc. and because salons have been closed for an extended period of time.

Edited at 04:59 PM.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 21, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by DiszeeBelle View Post
Ive asked a number of hairdressers and salon owners and it is not supposed to be official guidelines. My sil owns a salon and she has contacted her insurance company and they said no it was supposedly some random comments made by someone like that about just allowing cuts and blow dry etc. and because salons have been closed for an extended period of time.
I’ve just come back from my hairdressers and it’s the hairdressing federation guidelines stating about skin tests etc
Their insurance is also saying no dye or skin tests within 2 weeks of vaccine or Covid
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 21, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
LufcDeb
Imagineer

I'm a hairdresser, it depends what their insurance company and colour brand say. Mine is no different to before, I skin test clients every 6 months. I use Wella colours

Debs
LufcDeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 21, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by LufcDeb View Post
I'm a hairdresser, it depends what their insurance company and colour brand say. Mine is no different to before, I skin test clients every 6 months. I use Wella colours
Same for the salon and brow lady I've been to today. Not sure if they use Wella but there insurance says no need. Obviously if someone wants one they will provide one. I had my 2nd Pfizer yesterday and went for my brow tint today.
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List