Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 5 Jun 21, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
muffa2308
Imagineer

Whats the best?

CBR v Corando springs v Disney beach club v Wilderness Lodge

Got all these within range for 2022, obviously the last 2 are a little more expensive. It will be 10 days at the disney resort. What would you pick and why? Please
muffa2308 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 21, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Big difference price wise between them so not really a fair pick but if you can afford it, I think Wildernoss Lodge is the nicest (not that I’ve stayed there...it just looks nice!)
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 21, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Beach club would be my top pick because of the ability to walk to 2 parks.
Softy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 21, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I would love to know how you found these with only a little difference in price. I have looked for a few random times next year and Coronado and CBR are coming out as £3-4K whereas Beach Club and Wilderness Lodge are anything between £6-8k. So I personally cannot compare all four directly.

I have previously stayed at Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club (but not Beach) and Caribbean Beach Resort. I would pick Beach Club over Wilderness Lodge, primarily based on being in a much better location, so much within walkable distance of Beach Club. We had to request a move and cut short our Wilderness Lodge stay because we had so many transport issues too.

Between Caribbean Beach Resort and Coronado, I would choose Coronado but specifically the tower rooms. I didn’t like the sprawled out nature of CBR, I felt the main facilities were inaccessible to me they were that far away. Coronado is also spread out but being in the tower will mean closer to amenities and also indoor corridors will eliminate the staying in a motel feel I had when staying at CBR.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 21, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

I've stayed at both Wilderness Lodge and Beach Club. Out of the two I would choose Beach Club for the fantastic location. We loved just strolling into Epcot at night or wandering around the Boardwalk.

Next trip we are staying at CBR(Beach Club out of budget!). We chose this over CSR for the general theming/beaches and the skyliner access(CSR transport is all buses).
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 21, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I would love to know how you found these with only a little difference in price. I have looked for a few random times next year and Coronado and CBR are coming out as £3-4K whereas Beach Club and Wilderness Lodge are anything between £6-8k. So I personally cannot compare all four directly.
I took the OP's post to mean all four were within their budget, not within a similar price. Because you're correct, a deluxe will be significantly more expensive than the moderates.

But anyway, best is highly subjective...

Best location? Most people will say Beach Club since you are within walking distance of two parks. But if you're not going to spend a lot of time in the Boardwalk/Epcot area, you're paying a premium for it for no reason. For me, the best location out of those options would be WL as I spend the most time at MK out of the parks and it has boat access.

Best amenities? Personally I would give this to CSR. Being a convention resort, it has a lot of the deluxe amenities (e.g. fitness centre - not that I use a gym on holiday!) but at a moderate price. And with the new tower, the dining options are incredibly good for a moderate. But if you count all of the Boardwalk options as part of BC, it would probably pull ahead for most people.

Best room? If you're talking purely square footage, the tower rooms at CSR are the newest and technically the largest. Again being a convention resort, I feel like these rooms are more catered to business travellers than Disney goers, which I appreciate. But Beach Club has balconies, which many people like.

Theming? I'm tied between WL and CSR on this. The common areas of WL are stunning, but I prefer the CSR rooms - again, especially the tower. The refurbed WL rooms do look nice though.

Transport? Depends what you like. I personally prefer the buses, so CSR being a bus only resort isn't a negative for me. And its location makes it fairly equal times to get everywhere on property, with only about 5 minutes longer to MK.

Value? Hands down, CSR. The base moderate price for a near deluxe resort, you cannot beat it from a value perspective.

So clearly, I like CSR

Edited at 02:32 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 21, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida Gator
Apprentice Imagineer

Wilderness lodge for me, absolutely love this resort, it has such fab theming, the boat to magic kingdom is great and we like the roaring fork quick service and Geyser point for lunch. We found our stay at the beach club a lot more hectic and busy. Quick service in the shop was very busy and had limited options but we did like the hurricane hanna’s quick service by the pool - delicious burgers. Stormalong bay is a fantastic pool and beach club is in a brilliant location. Was lovely to walk to Epcot and we walked to Hollywood studios too. For us it’s mostly down to the more relaxed nature and theming of wilderness lodge that gives it the edge for us. I would go to either in a heart beat though! Can’t comment on CBR or CSR but we have a night booked at CBR for next May. We chose it because of the Sky liner.
Florida Gator is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 21, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
I took the OP's post to mean all four were within their budget, not within a similar price.

Well they said the last two were “a little more expensive” which I took to mean they had found them at a similar price.

In any case, even if they can stretch to the much larger budget, I still cannot make a fair comparison between two hotels when one costs roughly twice the other, hence why I compared the two deluxes and the two moderates.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 21, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Well they said the last two were “a little more expensive” which I took to mean they had found them at a similar price.

In any case, even if they can stretch to the much larger budget, I still cannot make a fair comparison between two hotels when one costs roughly twice the other, hence why I compared the two deluxes and the two moderates.
Completely agree

But between CSR and CBR we preferred CSR because it felt more upscale, pool was a bit more grown up and we liked being able to walk to BB. That said the Skyliner is now at CBR which makes the location there pretty good!

Of BC vs WL assuming the price was the same (I’ve always found WL cheaper) I would always pick BC because I love the area with its range of dining and entertainment options (not to mention two theme parks within walking distance) and Stormalong Bay is a big draw for most people.

WL is absolutely stunning in theme and execution but we found the location a bit isolated (which to be fair is part of its appeal for many I’m sure! ) and wouldn’t choose it over BC.
Old 7 Jun 21, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

From 1st to last (1st being favourite)
Beach Club
Wilderness Lodge
Coronado
CBR

To be honest I will not stay at CBR again (unless free ) did not enjoy anything about this resort.
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List