Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 18 Jul 21, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
logic500
Excited about Disney

Florida via Cancun, & a side trip to Memphis Aug 21

So that's it now, we now have all our flights booked with Frontier, to get us from Cancun to MCO on the 12th August.

Feel nervous about the risks, but sometimes you've just got to say what the heck, and do it.

So we'll be flying from Gatwick on 28th July (finally sorted out with BA). 15 nights there before flying to Florida, antigen tests at the resort pending!

Then a week in Florida before a side trip to Memphis for a couple of days.

All hotels are booked, but if we can find a cheapish villa on AirBnB when we're there, we'll do that. If we get a villa, then we can leave all of our stuff there whilst on the two day Elvis pilgrimage

Ultimately we then have to make our way down to Miami, which may well involve another Frontier internal flight, to catch our BA flight (the original one) back to Heathrow. Yes we'll then have to get back to our car at Gatwick, but in the grand scheme of things, not a big issue.

I'm sure we'll come back on the DIBB too to give updates on our progress.

We've pulled a lot of info from these forums, and it's been a real help.

All the best.

Richard and Sharon

Edited at 11:14 AM.
logic500 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Drino
Excited about Disney

Loved Memphis stayed in the Graceland hotel, proper nice, free bus downtown in evenings...Flights restaurant just amazing...
Drino is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
logic500
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Drino View Post
Loved Memphis stayed in the Graceland hotel, proper nice, free bus downtown in evenings...Flights restaurant just amazing...
We've looked at it for the two nights, and it's not cheap at this late stage. Thinking we do the first night downtown (in a cheaper place), and then Guesthouse for the second night.

Was last at Graceland way back in '96, be fun to be back there.
logic500 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

You will have a brilliant time. I know it’s a different scenario but my brother and his family are out there just now and having an absolute ball. They flew from Dubai to Orlando 2 weeks ago. They were worried about their tests before they went and getting through US immigration. All went fine. They have been in Clearwater, the keys and Ft Lauderdale. They are now in Orlando for 2 weeks for Disney.
Their photos are fab and the 3 kids are having a great time.
When they get back they need negative tests to get back from Dubai to AD. I’m sure it will be fine.
My point, they took a risk and so far it has been fine.

Edited at 01:05 PM.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
logic500
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Sandraoh40 View Post
You will have a brilliant time. I’m know it’s a different scenario but my brother and his family are out there just now and having an absolute ball. They flew from Dubai to Orlando 2 weeks ago. They were worried about their tests before they went and getting through US immigration. All went fine. They have been in Clearwater, the keys and Ft Lauderdale. They are now in Orlando for 2 weeks for Disney.
Their photos are fab and the 3 kids are having a great time.
When they get back they need negative tests to get back from Dubai to AD. I’m sure it will be fine.
My point, they took a risk and so far it has been fine.
Thank you.

Until we're on that flight to Cancun, it's not going to seem real... maybe because we've had so many disappointments since last summer.

Fingers crossed we'll be as fortunate as your brother.

All the very best.
Old 18 Jul 21, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
harber78
Excited about Disney

Richard and Sharon have a fabulous time and it will work out fine.

I did the Cancun bit end of May and felt just like you about would the flight go but BA have actually increased the number of days they fly there per week and lots of people on my plane were doing exactly the same thing to get into USA. It was so worth it and am still in USA with my son and his sons (17,16,14) are doing the BA Cancun flight on Wednesday and my son is meeting them and spending 15 days with them in villa before they fly to join us in Colorado. I will fly home with them middle of August.

Life is too short to wait for the right time and if it’s possible and legal and you can take the time off then so worth it.

I enjoyed Cancun but stayed in a quiet resort and it was a place I had never thought of visiting.

Keep us up to date on your travels

Barbara
harber78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
logic500
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by harber78 View Post
Richard and Sharon have a fabulous time and it will work out fine.

I did the Cancun bit end of May and felt just like you about would the flight go but BA have actually increased the number of days they fly there per week and lots of people on my plane were doing exactly the same thing to get into USA. It was so worth it and am still in USA with my son and his sons (17,16,14) are doing the BA Cancun flight on Wednesday and my son is meeting them and spending 15 days with them in villa before they fly to join us in Colorado. I will fly home with them middle of August.

Life is too short to wait for the right time and if it’s possible and legal and you can take the time off then so worth it.

I enjoyed Cancun but stayed in a quiet resort and it was a place I had never thought of visiting.

Keep us up to date on your travels

Barbara
Hiya Barbara,

I've just read your post out to my Wife... and I've got to admit, that even as a stoic Yorkshireman, my voice was breaking up with the emotion of it all. It's great to hear that you're out in Colorado, and just like yourself I never ever thought about travelling to Mexico. Looks like, reading the reviews, that we're staying at a quiet resort too, which suits us fine. The kids have the entertainment daily schedules, and have marked up what they want to do each day, whether it's water activities, or painting t-shirts etc.

Once I get that negative antigen test in the resort, I'll chill out... knowing that the next chapter in our trip away is going to happen!

Thank you so much for posting, it means a lot to us.

All the very best.

Enjoy Colorado... never been, maybe one day! Like you say, you just never know when it'll be the right time to do anything... and life is ticking away regardless of C19!

Thanks again.

Richard and Sharon
Old 18 Jul 21, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by logic500 View Post
Hiya Barbara,

I've just read your post out to my Wife... and I've got to admit, that even as a stoic Yorkshireman, my voice was breaking up with the emotion of it all. It's great to hear that you're out in Colorado, and just like yourself I never ever thought about travelling to Mexico. Looks like, reading the reviews, that we're staying at a quiet resort too, which suits us fine. The kids have the entertainment daily schedules, and have marked up what they want to do each day, whether it's water activities, or painting t-shirts etc.

Once I get that negative antigen test in the resort, I'll chill out... knowing that the next chapter in our trip away is going to happen!

Thank you so much for posting, it means a lot to us.

All the very best.

Enjoy Colorado... never been, maybe one day! Like you say, you just never know when it'll be the right time to do anything... and life is ticking away regardless of C19!

Thanks again.

Richard and Sharon

Richard & Sharon,

I have been reading along with yours and Barbara posts, believe me if we could go ( DH self employed and currently at his busiest) we would .
I admit to feeling very envious !
I hope you have a wonderful time and you and your kids make wonderful memories, life is too short and you have to grab it with both hands .
All the best x

Claire
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
logic500
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
Richard & Sharon,

I have been reading along with yours and Barbara posts, believe me if we could go ( DH self employed and currently at his busiest) we would .
I admit to feeling very envious !
I hope you have a wonderful time and you and your kids make wonderful memories, life is too short and you have to grab it with both hands .
All the best x

Claire
Thanks Claire 🙂

We're bloody lucky that we're able to take the time off, first time I've had 6 weeks off since school!

Last year sat in the garden during the first lockdown, we said next year we'll work school term time only... and that's what we did.

Life is too short to put anything off.

I hope I get to come back in a few weeks, and say it worked out.

All the best.

🙂