Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 20 Jul 21, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
deafjeff
Excited about Disney

We are planning to go to London in Sept but having a wobble i.e is it safe etc.

We are planing to shop around Bond Street area etc then Westfield next day and Covent Garden before we heading home.

People are telling me that London is now quite busy especially with no restrictions etc.
deafjeff is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 21, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by deafjeff View Post

We are planing to shop around Bond Street area etc then Westfield next day and Covent Garden before we heading home.

People are telling me that London is now quite busy especially with no restrictions etc.
London is busy - yesterday was start of freedom and school holiday. September (if we are not locked down again) wont be like that but carpe diem - if you are double jabbed make a call. I am ready to embrace living again but I know not all feel like that
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 21, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
laudan14
Apprentice Imagineer

Loved reading through this thread and have been making lots of notes. We are staying near London Bridge and are looking for ideas of what parks to visit (hoping for nice weather). Thanks
laudan14 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 21, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 53
Originally Posted by laudan14 View Post
Loved reading through this thread and have been making lots of notes. We are staying near London Bridge and are looking for ideas of what parks to visit (hoping for nice weather). Thanks
How near are you to London Bridge? South or north side? I was brought up not far from here (well, Tower Bridge to be exact). If you like history, The George is the oldest pub in London with a gallery. Not original, but there is the Golden Hinde nearby too. Don’t think it’s open but looks the part. Also the ruins of Winchester Palace and the Clink museum built on the original site of the prison. The area is full of history
Floridafan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 21, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridafan View Post
How near are you to London Bridge? South or north side? I was brought up not far from here (well, Tower Bridge to be exact). If you like history, The George is the oldest pub in London with a gallery. Not original, but there is the Golden Hinde nearby too. Don’t think it’s open but looks the part. Also the ruins of Winchester Palace and the Clink museum built on the original site of the prison. The area is full of history
I echo every word - it is such a lovely and interesting area. One of my favourite spots in London
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 21, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by deafjeff View Post

We have booked 4 nights at the start of September. We had to cancel twice so are making up for it.
I expect it to be busy but know my dh will be fine and I’m sure I will feel fine as well.
We have afternoon tea booked so far and tickets for Mary Poppins. I think I’m fortunate that I have been travelling and staying away a fair bit for work so am quite confident now. In fact tonight I drove down to ROI for a meal with my friend I haven’t seen in 18 months as we allowed in now and I’m over in NI for work this week, and the place we were was busy but I was having such a nice evening I forgot about covid.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 21, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DD lives in that area, some great places on the South Bank but beware of some pub prices.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Were just home from 3 days there. We didn't have loads planned, and we've 'done' most of the tourist attractions and palaces so just wandered along the sunny Southbank from London Bridge to Westminster, enjoyed a few drinks and found the Covid memorial wall, then went down to Covent Garden for a bit of shopping and a meal. Yesterday we walked through Kensington, St James and Hyde parks, saw the Diana statue (hmmm!), then ended up down in Chinatown. We saw Anything Goes at the Barbican which was wonderful and so lovely to be in a theatre full of happy people!
Today we went to the Noel Coward exhibition at the Guildhall Gallery, we loved it, and there was a Spanish food and dance event in the courtyard so we had some fresh paella for a late lunch.
We passed a few exhibitions and wished we'd pre booked slots at a couple of them. (There are a Harry Potter one, and a Disney pop up one at Covent Garden disneytickets/popup).
Hope you all enjoy your trips - I'm sat with my aching feet up! .
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984

Edited at 06:44 PM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List