Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 25 Jul 21, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
The waltons
Excited about Disney

The waltons's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Poly or beach club

I’m now finalising dates and have decided on October over late August ( opinions welcome) we aren’t great with heat so think October will be easier.
As I already said it will be a big holiday celebrating two missed 50 birthdays and a 20 wedding anniversary
I love the look of poly but really warmed to beach club. It’s a big blow out financially too . Is one better than the other?
Old 25 Jul 21, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Stayed at both, poly in 2013, beach club in 2018.

Poly is great for MK and Epcot, I really liked Capt Cooks and the rooms were a great size. The pool was great and you could see MK fireworks from it. Our stay was before the pool was gated and over 4th July so it was manic.

Beach club is a fantastic location for Epcot and HS. No guarantee of a balcony, rooms are nice. Pool is amazing. Quick service not so good but there are plenty of options such as boardwalk bakery, poolside and boardwalk pizza window.

Both have quite busy public areas with Ohana and cape may.

Crescent lake and mk hotels have great locations my personal favourites are the Yacht Club ( shares facilities with the beach club)and the contemporary.
Old 26 Jul 21, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Both are lovely and two of my favourite resorts to visit though my budget does not usually stretch far enough to stay at either

I would pick BC for the location and more adult feel to the area it is in. I love the look of the SAB pool and the ability to walk into the back of Epcot and pick up a drink or snack or breakfast even from one of the countries is fantastic. The food and wine festival will be on in October and this is always amazing and will be right on your doorstep. The Crescent Lake area is really nice and there are lots of nice restaurants and bars around the 5 hotels in easy walk around the lake. You also have either boat or skyliner to HS and skyliner to Riviera resort and the bars and restaurants there.

That being said the Poly is great for its easy access to MK and views of the castle (although you have to pay extra for these), it also has a nice pool and laid back feel. I don't think you can go wrong with either really, which is possibly not that helpful
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 06:29 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Poly for the rooms. Beach Club for the location. What’s your favourite park? Will you be doing a lot of Food and Wine Festival?
Old 28 Jul 21, 06:31 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Both are lovely but Poly would get my vote. That said each time I book the Poly some disaster happens first, Hurricane Irma and then a global pandemic. Daren’t book it a third time.
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 06:36 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Love them both equally, for me it's down to which location I want to be in.

For October, I'd want to be at The Beach Club so I could wander in and out of Epcot for the Food & Wine festival - the Epcot resorts are very sought after during F&W, although if you have young children with you, you may prefer being closer to MK for after the Halloween party.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I have stayed at the three other MK resorts but not the Poly so far, although I have visited it a few times. I have also stayed at Yacht Club and therefore used the shared facilitates between YC / BC.

We have been put off the Poly by the ambience in the public areas, so noisy and manic. I think we prefer the more relaxed atmosphere of a Grand Floridian or Yacht Club. However the new rooms look lovely and we are wondering whether to give it a go.

We really loved the Yacht Club, I would stay at the Beach Club but I think the more adult atmosphere of the YC suits us a bit more. DH definitely thinks this is the best location to stay onsite, particularly for us as an all adult party. I agree to a very large extent, it is great in the evenings in particular. We are not even huge fans of Epcot, other than for the dining, but staying here means we wouldn’t use up our park reservations on Epcot but would head in in the evenings or late afternoons instead.

I missed my 50th birthday trip last year and having got close to mentally writing off my planned January trip, I am starting to think about going for my birthday next year and pretending to be 50 again. In this case, I feel that a Magic Kingdom resort would be a bit more special for a (fake ) big birthday and it will be the Poly for me.

Edited at 01:49 PM.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
The waltons
Excited about Disney

The waltons's Reviews
Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
Poly for the rooms. Beach Club for the location. What’s your favourite park? Will you be doing a lot of Food and Wine Festival?
I love the fireworks And magic kingdom . Have never been there for a festival only ever spent half days in Epcot previously . Love the idea of heading over in the evenings
Old 29 Jul 21, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Roses
VIP Dibber

Have stayed at Beachclub and visited the magic kingdom resorts. Staying at Yacht club next time as it's just the two of us. Like this area as a base so convenient for Epcot and H S. Have a watch on YouTube for the resort reviews we confirmed our choice by watching a couple of these.Also the transport information ones along with the disney interactive transport map. Happy planning
Roses is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 21, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Have stayed in both Poly and Beach- It depends on what you like and enjoy from a holiday.
Poly- good for relaxing, is near to MK, can watch and hear music from MK fireworks and electrical water parade if it’s on, have a cocktail in a big pineapple, sit in a hammock on the beach, have a dole whip, be on the mono rail, good dining at all MK resorts inc Poly. Feels more adult to me, especially at night.
Beach ( and Yacht… stayed at both B & Y and we preferred Yacht Club - guaranteed a balcony and was friendly and relaxed) is walking distance to two parks, excellent pool, Beaches and Cream, can see elements of fireworks from resort. You are very central to most resorts and parks.

Will you spend more time at certain parks?
Rooms have all just been done at Poly ( Moana).

It’s a personal choice… one of my best memories is my son and I getting the small boat back to the Poly via GFloridian during MK fireworks. Perfect. Having said that, our next holiday is at Yacht Club- we prefer being near Epcot and enjoy being able to stroll ‘home’ from a nice meal.

You could split stay? Best of both worlds. That’s what I do if I’m torn. Have done Poly/Dolphin split, Beach/ Grand Floridian split and Wilderness Lodge/ Yacht split. We find that it’s like two holidays then lol
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List