Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 2 Aug 21, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Brundlemouse
Rebel with a Cause

What is your favourite Disney area hotel excl onsite and Springs area?

Hello

We are toying with the idea of booking a backup trip for Dec if Sept doesn't fly, we are aiming for 10 nights.

The two options on the table are the full 10 nights near Disney or to split it 7/3 with the latter days at Universal.

We are leaning towards option B with a stay at Cabana Bay mainly just to have some nights in a hotel with a nice pool area and vibe for some relaxing days (2 adults no kids, probably not that many park days this year and not actually doing Universal parks we just like the hotel and price!)

My question is where would you stay offsite for the Disney part? We can't afford/don't want to spend the onsite money or the resort fees for the Springs area but wouldn't mind something a step up from a Rosen. Additionally, if you think there is a recommendation that gives us the option for the chill-out days near Disney where we could just stay for the whole 10 nights we'd consider that too...

I hope this made sense! :-)
Old 2 Aug 21, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

Holiday inn LBV,blue tree resort good price but looks a bit dated …Hampton inn LBV gets great reviews so does homewood suites LBV
Manc1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 21, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Brundlemouse
Rebel with a Cause

Thank you!
Old 2 Aug 21, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

LBV Village resort and Spa in a 3 bedroom apartment, purchased from their own website..

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 12:57 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 21, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 21, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Are you not willing to pay resort fees at all, or is it just that adding them takes those hotels over your budget? As some of the Disney Springs hotels aren't typically very expensive, e.g. Wyndham Garden - I usually see this around £100/night including resort fees. Even less if you're comfortable booking non-refundable on sites like Priceline. If it's a principal thing, it's getting harder to avoid resort fees in Orlando now in the mid-high tier resorts - a few of the above hotels have them, for example.

But back to Wyndham... by staying in DS area, you'd then have the option to wander over there for more dining and entertainment options without having to pay for car hire or an Uber which potentially reduces your overall cost. Also easy to jump on the Disney buses to any of their hotels to relax in the common areas which makes a nice change of scenery on down days. Especially in December since they'll be decorated for Christmas.

Edited at 10:41 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 21, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Brundlemouse
Rebel with a Cause

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Are you not willing to pay resort fees at all, or is it just that adding them takes those hotels over your budget? As some of the Disney Springs hotels aren't typically very expensive, e.g. Wyndham Garden - I usually see this around £100/night including resort fees. Even less if you're comfortable booking non-refundable on sites like Priceline. If it's a principal thing, it's getting harder to avoid resort fees in Orlando now in the mid-high tier resorts - a few of the above hotels have them, for example.

But back to Wyndham... by staying in DS area, you'd then have the option to wander over there for more dining and entertainment options without having to pay for car hire or an Uber which potentially reduces your overall cost. Also easy to jump on the Disney buses to any of their hotels to relax in the common areas which makes a nice change of scenery on down days. Especially in December since they'll be decorated for Christmas.
Hey! Not a principle thing at all, more a budget thing, lots of the ones I see with nice pool areas have fairly expensive fees at around $35 a night which pushes them over budget. You make good points though so I will look at Wyndham. I can't really book non-refundable right now in case we can't travel but will look at options! Thank you!
Old 3 Aug 21, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
The Bohemian Hotel on the lake in Celebration is our other 'go to'.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 21, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Brundlemouse
Rebel with a Cause

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
The Bohemian Hotel on the lake in Celebration is our other 'go to'.

Not heard of this one, will look into it, thank you!
Old 5 Aug 21, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
LBV Village resort and Spa in a 3 bedroom apartment, purchased from their own website..
Thanks so much for this rec! These look fantastic for us as an off site option 🥰🥰

Can’t believe how much SPACE there is.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List