Notices

Old 4 Aug 21, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

The beach looks beautiful I love walking along a nice beach.
Glad you enjoyed your dirty banana cocktail it looks delicious.
The martinis look good too.
Old 4 Aug 21, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The beach looks so beautiful and it’s great that you are making use of the beach kayaks and pedalos too. Some very lovely looking cocktails- it’s nice to find ones you enjoy that you can recreate at home.
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 21, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Wednesday morning

Again it took some time to wake Kate and so we finally got our act together at about 9.30 and headed out for breakfast.

I made myself a bacon roll with sausage on the side. Max had my hash browns as I couldn't manage them as well.

I also got 2 slices of the ginger cake and 2 slices of the chocolate cake, for us all to share. These are both soft and delicious. We all enjoyed them.

While eating we decided to all do the pedalo and kayaking this morning. There are 2 pedalos and so it was Dad and Kate in one, me and Mum in the other and Dave and Max had single kayaks. They could have had a pair, but chose to go solo.

This was great fun, but Mum said her legs were aching 😉 so I did quite a lot of the pedaling. I was a hot sweaty mess when we got back to shore, but it was fun and I felt like I really deserved my cocktail.

Taste of the Island (fruit and refreshing) rum, guava, peach and pineapple juice with a splash of grenadine.

Dave had a dirty banana.

The kids had virgin strawberry Daiquiri and Dad had a virgin pina colada.

We were all feeling the need to rest after the morning exertions...apart from Max who immediately joined the volleyball game.

He's made some friends and when they had enough of the volleyball they went out on some kayaks. He's going to be very worn out.

I wandered up the beach pretending not to take photos of him. I did also take some more photos of the beach. Its just so beautiful.

Plus I couldn't walk up the beach without getting a couple of cocktails.

Pina colada with rum.

Mojito.

Both were delicious 😋😍
The pedalos and kayaks sound good fun, although I’d be very happy just sitting and enjoying the view with the mojito
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 21, 06:45 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Just flicking through your pictures before work, really looking forward to reading through all of this properly soon, looks wonderful, thank you for sharing.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 21, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
The beach looks beautiful I love walking along a nice beach.
Glad you enjoyed your dirty banana cocktail it looks delicious.
The martinis look good too.
It has been lovely to stroll along the beach. There is often a nice breeze too and the sea and sky are beautiful.

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
The beach looks so beautiful and it’s great that you are making use of the beach kayaks and pedalos too. Some very lovely looking cocktails- it’s nice to find ones you enjoy that you can recreate at home.
The water sports activities have been really good fun we've enjoyed them a lot. And the cocktails too 😉

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
The pedalos and kayaks sound good fun, although I’d be very happy just sitting and enjoying the view with the mojito
The view is great, you're right. I'm often putting my book down to just look out at the sea.

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Just flicking through your pictures before work, really looking forward to reading through all of this properly soon, looks wonderful, thank you for sharing.
Thank you we are really enjoying ourselves. Its a different sort of holiday than the packed itinerary we usually have but we've loved it.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 21, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Wednesday Afternoon and Evening

I didn't fancy lunch today. Still too stuffed. So Mum, Dad, Dave and Kate all went off to the Seagulls restaurant while I read on the beach.

Max went off with his friends for lunch and to swim in the pool. They came back to the beach for the afternoon volleyball and swam in the sea afterwards.

Dave suggested we try a cocktail from the pool bar. I convinced Kate to take some photos.

The cocktails were good. A Daiquiri for me and a Long islands ice tea for Dave.

However the dance music is played far too loud for my liking in the pool. Yes you can just start calling me Grandma!

The afternoon rain that is so predictable didn't come today! So there you go. At around 5.30pm it started to spit and cloud over so we left the beach and the teens in the sea.

By the way I'm pretty sure I showed you my gel nails. This is the left hand, still looking pretty good for an at home job.

This is my right hand. Clearly the base coat that sticks the gels wasn't applied very well as these have all peeled off!

Ah well. We got ourselves ready for dinner and Max was going to join us and then meet up with friends after.

In the lobby bar I had a margarita and Dave asked for an old fashioned which the barman was happy to make. Mum had a mojito and Dad a Tom Collins.

For dinner we went back to the Italian restaurant. I stuck with the pizza slices for starters and these were all good. We shared them amongst the table. My favourite was the onion pizza.

I had the filet with gorgonzola cheese and rosemary potatoes. This was OK but the potatoes were too salty. Max also had the filet but without the sauce.

Mum and Dad both had seafood pasta which they liked.

Kate stuck with the lasagne. She liked this a lot.

Dave had the chicken that I had last time. He said he enjoyed it but it was a little dry.

The entertainment tonight was the steel drum band, this is fantastic and well worth watching. We loved it 😍

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 21, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Thursday Morning

A few people on here mentioned the mosquitoes in Jamaica and so we have been very careful. Putting a roll on bug deferent in the evening and spraying the room. I've had a few bites, but fortunately they haven't been too itchy. This morning my right leg had 11 bites 😞 although it looks worse than it feels.

I'd had the gov.uk notification about countries moving from one traffic light to another on Sunday and fortunately none of that affects us. I had a small heart in mouth moment as I read through the update, but it was all good.

I fancied a lighter breakfast today so just went for toast.

The others had the usual pancakes, bacon, omelette and fruit.

We got ready and went down to the beach as we wanted to do a glass bottom boat trip. The original price quoted was $40 each, we paid $25 each, good haggling Dad! In short, it was well worth it, we had a brilliant time. We saw seven mile beach, went out to the reef, did some snorkeling and were back by noon. It was about an hour and a half and we really enjoyed it. Lots of photos now!

Our captain was Nicky.

And first mate, Eastman, who had about 3 teeth! He was great and told us all about Jamaica, the sea and the fish.

Eastman told us the Royalton is the largest resort on the island.

According to Eastman these are apartments we could rent.

The little island behind their heads is a pleasure island where you can go for a a day and have all you can eat and drink... not much different to the hotel.

Lots of photos of the beautiful sea 😍

The music they played on the boat was a little loud for my liking.

Out at the reef Max was the first to get in the water. He's the most adventurous of all of us.

The fish were fantastic and we couldn't believe how close they were.

Back on the beach Max met up with his friends. Kate, Dad and Dave swam, while Mum read and I dozed.

For lunch Max went off to the buffet with his mates and then played pool. Dad ate jerk from the hut. The rest of us went to Seagulls. I had a lighter lunch of cheese and salad with cold roasted vegetables in balsamic. This was delicious.

Followed by some fish and lettuce.

After lunch we could hear thunder so we went to the lobby bar and I had an iced coffee. I know you're wondering where all the cocktails are today. They will come I'm sure 😅

It looked like the rain was coming...and it did.

An afternoon nap in the room will set me up for cards and cocktails in the lobby bar.

Old 5 Aug 21, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

The glass bottom boat trip looks beautiful Abby, such clear seas. Gorgeous photo of you, your mum and Kate 💞
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 21, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Your trip looked really nice. Max seems to be having a ball. Is Kate enjoying the sea swimming rather than the pool?

I would be a ‘grandma’ too complaining about the loud music while Ds would be rolling his eyes at me😂.
Old 6 Aug 21, 05:43 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this I truly feel I've been away and agree that this feels like such a treat It's also made me realise just how much I love and miss traveling!

Can I ask, as someone who cannot tolerate alcohol, do they have a decent non alcoholic menu? I am so envious of you being able to drink those beautiful drinks Also, you said there are two pedaloes, that isn't for the whole resort is it? Oh and the drinks and optics, they probably were taking out because of covid. It's the same in Mexico too

Reading this has been like flying through a series on Netflix Enjoy your day today
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List