Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 11 Jan 21, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Chelsea01
Excited about Disney

Toronto

Hello, has anyone been to Toronto. Looking to go to Canada. 2 adults, 2 children 9 & 2 years for next year July or August. Any advice would be great!

Thanks 😊
Chelsea01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We visited in 2015, albeit without children and in the middle of winter. We absolutely loved the city and imagine it would be great with kids. There is an aquarium and a zoo. Everywhere felt so safe & friendly. Niagara is incredible too of course. I did write a trip report which is linked in my signature if you wanted to have a look.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Chelsea01
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
We visited in 2015, albeit without children and in the middle of winter. We absolutely loved the city and imagine it would be great with kids. There is an aquarium and a zoo. Everywhere felt so safe & friendly. Niagara is incredible too of course. I did write a trip report which is linked in my signature if you wanted to have a look.
Thank you so much 😊 I will read your trip report later. Stay safe!
Chelsea01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The Island off Toronto is a nice place to spend the day with kids its got a small fairground they will enjoy
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We were due to go last year for ds wedding, might go this year. My kids were going to do Canada wonderland and we were all going to Niagara Falls plus up the CN tower and Toronto Islands. They had lots of restuarants picked out for us their favourite is Cactus club
Old 11 Jan 21, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Ooh yes, I forgot about the islands, a must do!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

Amazing place. We did a week there in October half term a few years ago with our sons 16 and 14 at the time. So much to do and like a mini New York in feel. The revolving restaurant at the top of the CN Tower was lovely, we had a meal there for hubby’s 50th. We did a trip to Niagara, via a company that did a personal tour so we got to choose where to stop and for how long on the way. The Distillery District is beautiful and lovely for a wander, The Steam Whistle brewery tour would be good too, I know you have a little one but very interesting and I am sure they would enjoy watching the bottles moving around the site. The Eaton centre for shopping had everything plus an amazing food court, every cuisine you can imagine. Very easy to get to from the airport on the train too. We staying in the financial district area and it was great to be able to just walk everywhere.

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston

Edited at 12:26 PM.
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Yes we went with ds a few years ago
Had a lovely few days there
Caught the train to Niagra which I would recommend
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Toronto is on our bucket list .
Loved Abi’s trip report , JoCat also did a fab report too , they both give great ideas of things to do
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
tonymc
Imagineer

tonymc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
We also visited in 2015, albeit only for 5 days (trip report link also in signature), as part of a longer trip which also took in Ottawa and Vancouver. At the time, our DD was 17 so a bit older than your two, and it looks as if we did similar things to Klare.

We rented an Airbnb condo, not far from the CN Tower, which did give us much more space than just a hotel room, and allowed DD to have her own room. It cost us less than a hotel room for the same number of nights.

When we visited Niagara, we rented a car to get there (as we were continuing up to Prince Edward County the following day), which took us a couple of hours. As well as visiting the falls (including the boat trip), we took the opportunity to visit Niagara on the Lake, which was a really nice place and the polar opposite of "downtown" Niagara.
2024 The Retirement Roadshow – Part 2:Alaska, 2023 4th Time lucky - Aus & NZ, 2022 Cruising and Tuscany, 2020 A second unexpected staycation - Budapest to West Wales!, 2019 It’s Disney... but not as we know it!,2017 CA Possibly, Maybe, Definitely..,2016 Economy and a Studio Just Isn't Good Enough!
tonymc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List