Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Apr 21, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
joandwayne
VIP Dibber

joandwayne's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 20
Aer Lingus Questions

Just booked Aer Lingus Business Class for October. We have never flown with them before but the prices were great and if COVID restrictions don’t allow us to travel, we will get a full cash refund so thought it better to book now incase the Gov give the green light in the coming weeks. I I expect the prices might go through the roof if that is the case.
Anyway, does anybody have any experience of Aer Lingus Business class?
We have only paid a deposit at the minute with the balance to be paid in august.
We can’t book our seats yet, is this because we have only paid a deposit?
joandwayne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 21, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I cant help you with Business class but you definitely cannot book your seats till you pay the balance
Old 2 Apr 21, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post
LIZH
Imagineer

We are looking at it too, but my brother is against it and said fir the price diff he could go twice. He is retiring in a few weeks so I see where he is coming from. Enjoy though and I am totally jealous.
LIZH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 21, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Yes and it is my fav transatlantic business class until the club suite is available on the route. Couldn't find any fault tbh.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 21, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

Who have you booked through? I did a BA Holidays booking and was able to pre book seats while only paying the deposit. I did have to call Aer Lingus up to do it so maybe worth a shot!
AJ86 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 21, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
joandwayne
VIP Dibber

joandwayne's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 20
Mobile

Originally Posted by AJ86 View Post
Who have you booked through? I did a BA Holidays booking and was able to pre book seats while only paying the deposit. I did have to call Aer Lingus up to do it so maybe worth a shot!
I booked direct with Aer Lingus so I will try ringing them tomorrow. Thanks.

AKL, Walt Disney World, July 2017, AKL, Walt Disney World, August 2016, Washington DC, California (Disney) and New York, August 2015, AKL, Walt Disney World, August 2014, West Coast USA and Disney Aulani, Hawaii, August 2013, Old Key West, Walt Disney World, Oct 2012, West Coast USA, Aug 2011, New York, April 2011, May 2009, Port Orleans, Walt Disney World, Oct 2010, Disney Cruise, May 2010, POP Century, Walt Disney World, Nov 2008, May 2007, Oct 2005, Kissimee Oct 2003, Oct 1990
joandwayne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 21, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
ABZDisney
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Aer Lingus business class is our preferred way to travel to Orlando.
We fly to & from London, it's a bit of pain on the way back with the layover in Dublin but the lounge is okay & we usually grab a shower.
On the way out, you get access to the Aer Lingus lounge in Terminal Two at Heathrow, they are now offering a separate business class cabin on some of the flights to & from London so worth making sure that you get booked into that cabin as well.
The 51st & Green lounge in Dublin after you have cleared US Customs & Immigration is a nice enough place to spend a couple of hours depending on how long your layover is but it's nothing special. Paid access is offered as well for non business class passengers so it can get busy especially around the bar with people who want to get their money's worth.
Getting on the plane in Dublin can be a bit mental as people are usually crowded around the gate, they will do a business class pre board announcement so be be prepared to push yourselves to the front, I find a good loud "excuse us" as you work your way forward does the trick. :-)

We've always found the service to be top notch on the plane, it's not a huge cabin so they have more flexibility to offer a more personal service than BA.
The food & wine are way better than BA's offering in Club World in our opinion.
The seats are great & we've never had a problem sleeping on them.

Feel free to drop me a PM if you have any specific questions.
November 2014 at Old Key West & The Yacht Club
November 2012 at The Swan
ABZDisney is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 21, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
carolmc
Imagineer

Flown many many times with Aer Lingus in Business class - doing it again in Sept and I prefer Aer Lingus Business Class to others we've tried... American, Delta, BA and Continental. The only BC better - in our opinion was Qatar but then they are something else anyway.