Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 26 Apr 21, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
clarkyswc
Gone all Goofy

How big a bumbag can you take on rides?

Hi All,
It looks like you can't take a backpack on the rides, is that right?
How about a bumbag? I wanted to take something that would fit a refillable bottle without having to pay for a locker on every ride
Any advice appreciated!
clarkyswc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 21, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
You can take a backpack on 90% of rides and those that can’t won’t accept a bumbag either. I’ve only encountered this at universal and they have some free lockers for you to use.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 21, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
For Disney, you can take a backpack on almost all of the rides. Perhaps all of them? I've never had to put a backpack into a locker at Disney.

For Universal, there are a couple of rides where you're not even allowed bumbags (Hulk and RipRideRockit come to mind, I think). But in these cases - and a few others where you are not allowed bags - there are free lockers that you can use. So no need to pay.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 21, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

I have a large Kiplin bumbag. It fits keys, money, suncream, glasses case and large battery pack. We take foldable bottles with a clip, to refill when needed.
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 21, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Seaworld is another although when we were there, even though they were stopping riders telling them to use the Lockers- that are not free! A lot of US guests were taking their stuff & just putting it on the exit platform, we'd already paid for a locker for the day so wish we'd known that beforehand. Universal is strict, even pockets unless they have a secure closure.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 21, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

So long as it isn’t a ridiculous size, you can take a bag everywhere at Disney, even Rock n Roller coaster and Space Mountain. At Universal you will either be able to take either a bum bag or rucksack or neither of them. Some rides at Universal will not allow you anything in pockets either, even ones with zippers as presumably you could fiddle with and unzip whilst in the queue. Lockers at Universal rides are free but have a time limit.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 21, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Maddox
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I have a Kipling Multiple I didn't do the Hulk in Universal but between Universal and Disney I brought it on every ride.
Maddox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 21, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Fraser789
Very Serious Dibber

I always take a backpack with me and at Disney you can take it on every ride. Universal, Seaworld & Busch Gardens provide lockers at the ride entrance for you to use.
Fraser789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 21, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Just to add to the above, although not sure on BG, Seaworld lockers were not free in 2019, $2 a pop or $8 for a code for the day
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 21, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
In universal many rides will permit small bum bags but only if they close with a 3 pronged clip. Rides such as the Mummy, Men in Black, Gringotts etc.
This would not hold a water bottle though.

Rip Ride and Hulk have metal detectors so no bags, nothing in your pockets.

Disney I’ve never encountered a ride you couldn’t take a normal bag on.