Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 31 May 21, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
KeepSmiling
Proud to wear my Ears

Talk to me about Coronado Springs... please :-)

Hey,

SO, like a few dibbers I have now booked for August 2022. Life has changed a bit since my last trip in 2019 and this time around I'm single and have booked a mother/daughter trip for me and my youngest. (At the time of travel she will be 20).

We've been going to WDW since she was 2 so have been lucky enough to have stayed in several resorts (favourite definitely is Disney's Beach Club) but budget is now ever so important and I selected CS based on the cost and the fact that the dining credit isn't that much less than the deluxe rooms but the actual room cost is so much better. Also very excited by the Celebration gift basket

Now whilst we have stayed at a selection of resorts, we have never stayed here.

Would love to know your thoughts and experiences. We are excited to be heading back. There is also a chance that the middle child might join us. (Son who would be 21 at the time of travel).

Thank you!
KeepSmiling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 21, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

Haven’t got a clue what it’s like so can’t help you there but I’m a single parent taking my 10 year old girl there and literally can’t wait either !
Manc1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 21, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
KeepSmiling
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Manc1979 View Post
Haven’t got a clue what it’s like so can’t help you there but I’m a single parent taking my 10 year old girl there and literally can’t wait either !
Aww well thank you for taking the time to respond. Hope you enjoy the planning and have a magical vacation with your 10 year old. What a perfect age to be visiting!
KeepSmiling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 21, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mandevillepete
Apprentice Imagineer

We have stayed twice at CSR. We have really enjoyed both stays. It is large but we don’t mind that. It’s so pretty and there is the bridge now that makes it easier. We love the smaller pools as they are quieter. The tower is lovely and the meal that we had in the restaurant in the tower was one of the best of our stay. Transport was regular and we were close to a bus stop. Rooms are a good size with two vanity units in the bathroom with a bath and shower. There were separating doors between room and vanity area where you can get changed if sharing with others which was handy Can’t really think of anything negative to say about it.
Edited to add that we have also stayed at AKL POFQ AOA WL WFL and OKW so can compare. Would happily stay at CSR again

Edited at 09:35 PM.
mandevillepete is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 21, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

We’ve stayed at CSR several times and it’s one of our favourites. It feels more adult orientated than some of the other resorts and the facilities (such as a gym) put it more into a ‘deluxe resort at moderate prices’ category. There’s a variety of dining options, good pools and it doesn’t seem to take long to reach all the parks by bus. Not sure if the conventions will be back by next year, but at least the attendees wouldn’t be in line for a park bus after breakfast!
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 21, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
I am also in the 'CSR first timer' club so will read with interest!

Having watched lots of videos of the recent construction, it looks more beautiful than ever and I can't wait.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 21, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyGuy85
Earning More Ears

Also first timer at CSR next year so will be interested to see people's responses
DisneyGuy85 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 21, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
KeepSmiling
Proud to wear my Ears

Thank you for taking the time to reply. All very positive too which is great. Looking forward to trying somewhere new and ticking another resort off.
Old 31 May 21, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Gorgeous resort, stayed in 2019, would give anything to be there right now😫
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 21, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Favourite resort, hands down. I like the vibe there, it's not overly Disney so great for winding down after being in the parks. That also means it's more popular with adults than families (which I like) although I did see some families there as well.

I'm not staying there this time but only because it is a budget solo trip and I couldn't justify the extra cost over value. But if I end up going with someone, I'll probably upgrade.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List