Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 14 Jul 21, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

The Lenox Hotel Boston…. any one stayed there?

We are hoping to do a road trip next summer around New England before flying to Orlando for Disney. I am looking for hotels in Boston currently that sleep 5. The Lenox seems like it’s in a good location and is ok price wise. Just wondering if anyone has stayed there or if anyone has any other recommendations?
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 21, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nickyjw View Post
We are hoping to do a road trip next summer around New England before flying to Orlando for Disney. I am looking for hotels in Boston currently that sleep 5. The Lenox seems like it’s in a good location and is ok price wise. Just wondering if anyone has stayed there or if anyone has any other recommendations?
The Lennox is in a great area. I stayed there but it was 14 years ago before we moved into our Boston apartment and it was good but it was sometime ago.

Not sure what you plan to do in Boston but it's a very walkable city and you are close to most things. I used to volunteer across the way at Newberry St in a homeless shelter (don't let that put you off you would never know it was there)

I love Boston, so much to do and see.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 21, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

We went in 2019 and stayed in Newton in an airbnb we were 5 family of 3 and 2 with two teens. Worked out way cheaper than most hotels for 5 days. How long you planning on staying?

Old 14 Jul 21, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jas72 View Post
We went in 2019 and stayed in Newton in an airbnb we were 5 family of 3 and 2 with two teens. Worked out way cheaper than most hotels for 5 days. How long you planning on staying?
Sounds good though Newton is hardly central Boston
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 21, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Staying in Boston for 4 nights before picking up our car and starting the road trip.
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 21, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Grandee
VIP Dibber

Staying in Boston for 4 nights before picking up our car and starting the road trip.
You'll love it. Boston is probably my favourite city in the US and, as a previous poster noted, it is very walkable. Been there 3 or 4 times and find new things to see and do each time we go. Enjoy.
Grandee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 21, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
DH and I stayed at The Lenox in November 2018 .
It is a beautiful hotel , the staff are amazing , we had a corner suite with a view of the marathon finishing line . There is a Lindt shop below :tongue and they popped a different flavour on bed turndown every night . We had the fire lighting service in the room , so lovely 😊 the food in the Irish bar also attached was delicious and the room service menu comes from there also.
The shops of Newbury St are just the next block down , the common a 15 minute walk . We even walked to Fenway for a tour which was only a half hour.
So yes definitely a big vote .
Checkout jocats trip report as they stayed there which is why we also chose
WIGGYSMUM is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 21, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Hudson
Imagineer

Stayed in the Marriot Custom House near Quincy Market the other year. It's an iconic, historical building with good sized suites, some duplex. It's in a great location and has fantastic views from the top of the clock tower(free to guests).

marriott/hotels/tr...-house-boston/
Hudson is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 21, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

The Lennox is in a great area, we wanted to stay there in 2018 but is was booked up so we stayed at The Colonade nearby. We loved Boston and stayed for 4 days before picking up a car and heading to Cape Cod. We’ll definitely return again and will stay in that area, most of Boston is walkable.
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 21, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs_Potts
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I have stayed there and would not return! I felt the hotel turned up their nose at 2 young girls travelling together and were snotty with us from the word go! I have travelled the world and never been treated as badly as I was there - real shame because Boston was a nice place but the hotel tainted my view
2005 - Pop Century
2006 - Pop Century
2007 - Pop Century
Mrs_Potts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List