Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Florida Escapes
Unread 10 May 19, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Simba1980
VIP Dibber

It certainly is worth a try. What doesn't work for one may work for another and I hope it helps you. x

Saratoga Springs WDW 2013 Saratoga Springs WDW 2014 Saratoga Springs WDW 2015 Las Vegas Vow Renewal June 2016 Saratoga Springs WDW Oct 2016 Saratoga Springs Oct 2017 Las Vegas Feb 2018 Las Vegas June 2018 Cyprus July & September 2018 Saratoga Springs Oct 2018 Universal Studios Adventura Resort and Hard Rock Hotel 2019
Simba1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS!
Unread 11 May 19, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Adcro
Excited about Disney

Anatidaephobia
Unread 11 May 19, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

I didn't realise how lucky I was ...

I have 2 things which make me "disproportionately uncomfortable" due to childhood incidents. A Bird in my bedroom has made me wary of birds in enclosed spaces, but I was able to stand the budgie section at Gatorland and have them land on me. I wasn't happy walking in, but settled down. Banana flavoured yoghurt will never appeal to me, but I have eaten it since it caused a violent reaction in childhood.

MY 12 yr old isn't happy about spiders, she used to be perfectly fine but she goes to grandma's after school, and grandma has trained her to be scared.
Unread 12 May 19, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
FizzyWhip
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I have Misophonia.
Repetitive noises like dogs barking, dripping ,chewing ,car engines idling , makes my ears hurt so much, even makes me cry sometimes if it goes on longer than 10 minutes and sends my anxiety through the roof.
I can single out a noise and then thats literally all I can hear .
Its horrible and have to sleep with ear plugs in every single night as even the sound of breathing next to me means I cant sleep.
Its horrendous and started about 10 years ago.
FizzyWhip is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ
Unread 12 May 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
klairbear
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

I have a phobia of the singer Bryan Adams.

I can't be in a room if his music is playing, or he is on the TV. If the radio announces his song is coming up I have to get away from the area, it's not enough for me to turn it off (I even ended up getting out of a car once and walked home). I can't even deal with other people singing his songs.

I have been to Toronto a few times ans walking down Yonge St was like a game of dode ball, his pic was everywhere!

I know I need to tackle this as my friend is getting married soon and guess what the first dance is...
klairbear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The can't make your mind up trip!
Unread 12 May 19, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Worgie
slightly serious Dibber

My phobia is very random and specific. I have a huge phobia of knees. I cant stand looking at peoples knees if they are half bent & knobbly, I get sweaty and hot and feel queasy & cant concentrate on what people are saying to me. I often have to ask people to straighten their legs or bend them properly! I have been trying to pluck up the courage to seek help for it but I am too embarrassed. If I tell people they (understandably) laugh & treat it as a joke but it really does affect my life I have been trying to desensitise myself which has improved things but the fear is still very real.
Worgie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Oops I did it again!