Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 May 19, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Adcro
Serious Dibber

Anatidaephobia
Adcro is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

I didn't realise how lucky I was ...

I have 2 things which make me "disproportionately uncomfortable" due to childhood incidents. A Bird in my bedroom has made me wary of birds in enclosed spaces, but I was able to stand the budgie section at Gatorland and have them land on me. I wasn't happy walking in, but settled down. Banana flavoured yoghurt will never appeal to me, but I have eaten it since it caused a violent reaction in childhood.

MY 12 yr old isn't happy about spiders, she used to be perfectly fine but she goes to grandma's after school, and grandma has trained her to be scared.
Old 12 May 19, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I have Misophonia.
Repetitive noises like dogs barking, dripping ,chewing ,car engines idling , makes my ears hurt so much, even makes me cry sometimes if it goes on longer than 10 minutes and sends my anxiety through the roof.
I can single out a noise and then that’s literally all I can hear .
It’s horrible and have to sleep with ear plugs in every single night as even the sound of breathing next to me means I can’t sleep.
It’s horrendous and started about 10 years ago.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I have a phobia of the singer Bryan Adams.

I can't be in a room if his music is playing, or he is on the TV. If the radio announces his song is coming up I have to get away from the area, it's not enough for me to turn it off (I even ended up getting out of a car once and walked home). I can't even deal with other people singing his songs.

I have been to Toronto a few times ans walking down Yonge St was like a game of dode ball, his pic was everywhere!

I know I need to tackle this as my friend is getting married soon and guess what the first dance is...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Worgie
slightly serious Dibber

My phobia is very random and specific. I have a huge phobia of knees. I can’t stand looking at people’s knees if they are half bent & knobbly, I get sweaty and hot and feel queasy & can’t concentrate on what people are saying to me. I often have to ask people to straighten their legs or bend them properly! I have been trying to pluck up the courage to seek help for it but I am too embarrassed. If I tell people they (understandably) laugh & treat it as a joke but it really does affect my life I have been trying to desensitise myself which has improved things but the fear is still very real.
Worgie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List