Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 May 19, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
lorrie36
VIP Dibber

I have been on and off SW since it first started (yes back in the good ole days of corned beef with everything, still got the books somewhere&#129315. I agree you do have to be in the right head space, I also think you need to have a consultant that you is on your level of thinking.
I am a “say it as it is” person, my consultant is the same. Others don’t like this I do. She has a great sense of humour and is human, not some super diet technician in a size 2 dress.
If I hadn’t of been going over the Easter weekend, I would’ve had to be rolled through the door of the next meeting.
It is always in the back of my mind if I’m out and needing to grab something to eat, and that is one of the ways it helps me.
I’m no SW die hard diet fanatic, it just helps me stay on track or just have that wee thought of wether it’s brown or white bread 😁.

lorrie36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Adcro
Serious Dibber

I'd say to possibly try another local Slimming World group if the consultant at the one you went to made you feel that way. Consultants vary massively, one can be rubbish wheras another is amazing, so don't give up.

I've been on Slimming World for around 3 years now. Lost 5 stone
Adcro is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYALI
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Mobile

First weigh in this morning and I am shocked to find I have lost 5 1/2 pounds... fantastic reaction and support from the ladies and gentlemen in the group and the leader working hard to make it half a stone total next week.
DISNEYALI is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Mobile

Originally Posted by DISNEYALI View Post
First weigh in this morning and I am shocked to find I have lost 5 1/2 pounds... fantastic reaction and support from the ladies and gentlemen in the group and the leader working hard to make it half a stone total next week.
Well done 👏👏!

My group is great really supportive and I've made some good friends from it in the year I've been going! Keep it up! 👍👍
Old 13 May 19, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I always lose weight on Sw but then I go on holiday and gain a bit and don’t bother going back and then put it all back on and sometimes even extra! I went back last Thursday so have my first weigh in this Thursday. I have a big holiday in just over 7 weeks so to get a stone off would be great and am going to buy a 12 week countdown at the end of May to force me to go back afterwards as I have another holiday in August.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

I always turn to SW when I need to diet, lost 2 stone very easily a couple of years ago, then started on beta blockers and piled on 10lb within weeks, tried SW again and only lost 8lb in 10 weeks, which I lost in my first 3 weeks previously, so I think it’s something to do with the tablets rather than the diet.

Going to try a different diet now as want to lose a stone at least before the next big trip, but I have no idea what to follow now as I’m so used to SW.

Well done on your loss, that’s a fantastic start and huge motivation to keep going.

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DISNEYALI View Post
Well done! I lost 3lb but we had been a bit bad on my sisters birthday with Afternoon Tea and a dinner so I was happy with that.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Bessie
Apprentice Imagineer

well done on your loss OP

sadly it didn't work for me, took me 5 months to lose 5.5lbs, sticking to plan 100%

keep going!
Star Island & Westgate Lakes 2 wks Sept 98, Blue Tree Resort 3 wks Sept 99, Blue Tree Resort 3 wks Sept 00, Blue Tree Resort & AMI 3 wks Sept 01, DLP Aug 02, Venetian Bay Villages 2 wks Aug 08, Bella Piazza 2 wks Aug 11 Windsor Hills 3 wks Aug 12, Windsor Hills 2 wks Oct 15 Paradise Palms 2 wks June 2017
Bessie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
fleurbie
Apprentice Imagineer

Just come back from week 3 weigh in and lost 8.1/2llb off so far so very happy with that
Nov 19 CBR, September 22 BRV, BWV 💕
fleurbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Another 1lb off this week. Expecting a gain next week. Off to the city with my sisters for a couple of days Florida shopping. 😁
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List