Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 May 19, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile Authentic?

After reading about Jamie Oliver going bust (well his eating places) its got me thinking about chains. I am lucky to live in an area where all shops/hotels/restaurants etc are independent and the owners live local. In my opinion people are looking for independent places rather than chains... Would you agree?
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

That was the opinion of an ‘expert’ who has just been speaking on Radio 5 Live.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
That was the opinion of an ‘expert’ who has just been speaking on Radio 5 Live.
Mmmm I am no expert but all my friends and clients etc are all into Artision?sp and I am like no... that's shopping in the old days.
Old 21 May 19, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

I'm not a fan of chains. Never eaten in any of Jamie's places. I prefer supporting small independent local businesses that use good quality local produce. I always look for places that do things that I wouldn't normally cook myself at home.
Old 21 May 19, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Living in a City you have to drive quite a way out to get to smaller independent places.

However apart from M & S and Waitrose food I find nothing tastes of anything. Well maybe wet cardboard.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by soooexcited! View Post
I'm not a fan of chains. Never eaten in any of Jamie's places. I prefer supporting small independent local businesses that use good quality local produce. I always look for places that do things that I wouldn't normally cook myself at home.
Thats really good to read all my friends are independent and some sell globally they are honestly so touched by people who buy independent.
Old 21 May 19, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Living in a City you have to drive quite a way out to get to smaller independent places.

However apart from M & S and Waitrose food I find nothing tastes of anything. Well maybe wet cardboard.
Old blue eyes I am disappointed 😪🤣 I thought you would be an independent shopper. If you ever need anything from Scotland pm me and I can get you a cheeky deal 😊
Old 21 May 19, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Minnie18 View Post
Thats really good to read all my friends are independent and some sell globally they are honestly so touched by people who buy independent.
My whole family are huge foodies. Most of us love cooking. I'd much rather go out less often & not to a chain type place and pay more for local fantastic food. Just spotted a new farm cafe opened up near me selling some amazing ingredients most derived from their jersey cows. We can't wait to get there. Love independent producers x
soooexcited! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by soooexcited! View Post
My whole family are huge foodies. Most of us love cooking. I'd much rather go out less often & not to a chain type place and pay more for local fantastic food. Just spotted a new farm cafe opened up near me selling some amazing ingredients most derived from their jersey cows. We can't wait to get there. Love independent producers x
We say the same we would rather pay more for good food. We are big food people as well we drive miles for food sometimes. Hope you have a good time at the farm you have found it sounds amazing. Xx
Old 21 May 19, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Adcro
Serious Dibber

I partly agree. It's certainly nicer to support local independent places, but the thing with chains is that they are consistent. What you get at one, you'll get at another and usually at the same quality, price, menu etc. People like to spend their money on the familiar, often not trying new places "just in case" they don't like it.
Adcro is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List