Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 May 19, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
I think you can’t buy above SPF 50 in Australia for that reason.
The article was quite scathing re companies who knock out higher priced sunblock claiming up to 100 SPF.

We buy Max Block 50 SPF from Dollar Tree, $1 for a 4oz tube, or, like Rob, Walmarts Equate, 16oz for circa $7. For years we've used Ocean Potion Burn Relief Ice with lidocaine, it instantly cools and removes sting, keep it in the fridge, excellent after-sun gel. Don't use the Equate equivalent, it's sticky and peels off the skin.
Old 20 May 19, 04:19 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mclem View Post
Hi folks

We will be in Orlando in 45 days time (not that I'm counting!)

What type, brand, protection factor, after sun, etc do you use in the July heat, and I assume it's better to buy from somewhere like Walgreens when you get there? We are 2 adults and 2 teenagers and brit-white - as they say!
I am fair skinned and burn easily, DH tans and rarely burns but we use the same bottle of sun cream. Always factor 50, usually Nivea or Amber Solaire. We bring it with us. For my face I rely upon my moisturiser or foundation which is SPF 25.

Edited at 04:21 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Adcro
Serious Dibber

In the States I get the NO-AD Factor 50 stuff. Absolutely superb, and the big bottles seem to last years!
Adcro is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 01:22 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Adcro View Post
In the States I get the NO-AD Factor 50 stuff. Absolutely superb, and the big bottles seem to last years!
Hi Adcro, I thought No Ad would 'be up there' with Equate but it wasn't so highly rated. Based on Equate coming in top may prove that 45/50 SPF sunblock doesn't have to be an expensive brand name to be good.
Old 25 May 19, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Woodys Boot
Gone all Goofy

We tend to get the Banana boat sports spray. 30spf

Not great for round the pool but really good for the parks. Non greasy, doesn’t damage clothing and leaves no residue. Very easy to top up during the day if required. You can get these from the Supermarkets or even amazon before you go.

******** Make sure its the sport you get as the others are like a milk location which won’t be great for your clothes *********

Hope it helps
Woodys Boot is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 06:20 AM  
Link to this Post
pretty_lucky
VIP Dibber

Mobile

On the back of this thread (and another specifically about schools wanting cream to already be applied before the school day), I recently bought P20 as it was on a good offer in Sainsbury’s and have been applying it (SPF30 so should still allow for Vit D absorption) before the school day, before putting DS’s top on.

I would like to clarify that, had either of my children ever burned through lack of my own planning, I would have changed my ways. However, neither of them did, and I’ve been lucky and only very rarely had uncomfortable burning. I guess I must be lucky with my skin type, but I won’t be taking that for granted any longer!