Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Trip Planning Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.
Orlando Attraction Tickets
Unread 13 Jul 19, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
ccleveley
Excited about Disney

ccleveley's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Always fly from Manchester. Flight prices will drop again - usually end of August or mid September and then again early December. Set up an alert from Skyscanner and check each day - never paid more than 420 each for end of May / early June.
ccleveley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
9th Trip - Miami / Orlando
Unread 13 Jul 19, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Mobile

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
I think your options have all been covered. We always fly from Manchester and it frustratingly does seem to attract a premium price. For me. Im not wanting to go indirect and not wanting a four plus hour drive when we get home so I always suck it up. A few years ago I booked decent priced May flights in February with Virgin.
Seems to be the case and what we have always done too.
Unread 13 Jul 19, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

With kids, I prefer to pay the extra to go from Manchester rather than the nightmare car journey to Glasgow or Gatwick. Both these airports have a terrible road network which could affect your onward journey

Constant checking of sky scanner will usually find a decent price eventually.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday.
Unread 13 Jul 19, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
VIP Dibber

Colette-S's Reviews
I have flown down and back to Gatwick from Manchester. It wasnt ideal but it was the best option available to me on the dates I wanted. The prices werent bad at all and virgin sorted it all for me
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 19, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Mackenzies03
Trying for More Ears

Our May 2020 flights (2nd-16th) with virgin MAN-MCO have just massive dropped in price this week (from 900 to 586 each for 2A) so if you can hold your nerve in the next few weeks you might get lucky.

I was gutted when I saw it as I half-panic bought as there werent many seats left but we wanted premium both ways which thankfully hasnt gone down to what we managed to get on skyscanner! Like other have said Id rather pay a little more and not have the stress of travelling far to get to the airport but if travelling meant we got to go then thats better than not going at all 😊Good luck with your hunting!
Mackenzies03 is online now Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our Disneymoon!
Unread 13 Jul 19, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
We live in Cumbria and fly a lot from LHR but return to Manchester.

3.5 hour train journey to Euston, blackberry car (30) to premier inn on Bath Road (but have T4 PI booked for next year as a change 30). Next day, flight to wherever, Miami, LA, Washington.

Usually return mco-man then train back home as we would never do that drive again, too dangerous as DH does not sleep on the flight. I may snooze a little but will be asleep within minutes of getting in car so no help to DH 😪

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Rome September 19. Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20
Mary A is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 19, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mackenzies03 View Post
Our May 2020 flights (2nd-16th) with virgin MAN-MCO have just massive dropped in price this week (from 900 to 586 each for 2A) so if you can hold your nerve in the next few weeks you might get lucky.
With Virgin you pay top dollar. Same date and airport with Thomas Cook is 390!

Nobody surely pays 900 economy off peak?
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday.
Unread 13 Jul 19, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Mackenzies03
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
With Virgin you pay top dollar. Same date and airport with Thomas Cook is 390!

Nobody surely pays 900 economy off peak?
Ive often wondered if first timers have just booked without researching but then if they can afford it theyve got more money than me 🙃 personally I wont fly with Thomas cook as had bad experiences previous and said I wouldnt fly with them again but then thats my choice and my money

Edit: I just had a quick mooch on skyscanner and TC premium is only 50 less than what we paid with virgin and were on the early flight so Im definitely happy to be at the magic a bit sooner for 50 😁

Edited at 10:43 AM.
Mackenzies03 is online now Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our Disneymoon!