Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Jul 19, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

BMW totally surprised us!

Our Z4 was serviced on Monday and it needed 2 new rear tyres - expensive but not surprising. I took it to our local tyre place and they fitted one. The other couldn't be fitted as the wheel itself was cracked So on top of the already fairly eyewatering tyre price I now needed a totally extortionate alloy wheel

The tyre place said I could try to get it under warranty as it has low mileage and is only 2 1/2 years old. He said it is also unusual for the rear drivers side to be damaged, normally it would be fronts and mostly passenger side. Anyway I took it back to the dealer who said it needed something called a "run out" test? They kept it in and took me home.

Yesterday dh got a call saying they were going to replace it under warranty as this test showed it was the tyre that was faulty and not our driving. So today I picked it up and got the new tyre fitted, even the tyre place was surprised BMW caved so easily.

Happy person here as can now go to our favourite airshow roof down in the morning
Old 12 Jul 19, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Good result , well done. I am on my 3rd BMW. Nothing but good things to say about their service.

My last one had a front brake that was binding. They replaced the whole wheel assembly overnight and gave me a free rental car.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Well done !
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

To be honest I've always had good experiences with the BMW warranty program as well as Goodwill from BMW when out of warranty. Land Rover on the other hand...
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
You're lucky it's still under warranty.
Mine (4yo X3) is just out of warranty and a rear spring just went - fortunately they did pick up some of that on goodwill but still a lot.
Now the tailgate isn't working - looks like £££s to get that fixed
Not impressed.
Never bought such an expensive car before and never had to spend so much on repairs.
Maybe it's a Friday car but I'll never buy a BMW again.
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

People often slate BMWs - generally those that have never owned or driven one. It's the trendy thing to do.
I and my OG have been driving them for nearly 20 years and have found the cars and the service offered by their garages exceptional.
In that time we have only had one thing go wrong and that was a clutch slave cylinder a couple of weeks after we bought our first one. Car was collected from my OH's work, she was driven home, collected to take to work the following morning and collected from work when the car was ready.
They have been much cheaper to look after than a couple of Ford Focuses we have had and we have received much more good will out of warranty than form Ford.

Glad you got it sorted.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’m glad someone has had good service from BMW. Are the garages franchises as we’ve recently received the worst customer service from our local dealership?
OH has a 4 series Coupe, in May we received a recall letter something to do with the cooling system. Arranged for an engineer to come out the next week, he agreed it needed to go in but they would come and pick it up and at the same time deliver a courtesy car. Marvellous we thought, what a great service! It all goes downhill from there. An hour later I get a phone call from Enterprise to ask when we would like to pick up our hire car. Eh? Totally confused I said we were getting a courtesy car from BMW. No says the chap, they’ve run out they have arranged a hire car instead. Ok fine no problem so I go and collect a battered up Nissan Quasqai. I’ve had to sign my CC details over for a £50 ref deposit (which is fine) but then he mentions that any scratch longer than an inch will be £250! I have had no choice as we need 2 cars.
OH calls the BMW customer service manager the following day to express his disappointment and they say they’ll arrange for a courtesy car. This was the last we heard from him. Numerous and I mean tonnes of failed phone calls and unanswered emails later we have still heard nothing. After 2 weeks of radio silence I go into the garage and find someone who will speak to me, turns out I’m not alone as there are a couple of disgruntled customers who say the same as me. Finally got to speak to someone who admits they don't know when the car will get done as they have no idea when the part will come into the country, he can only apologise. They also have no courtesy cars as they are inundated with recalls. In fact our car is in a compound down the road in Kingston as they’ve run out of room.
More emails and calls later we have got nowhere. OH has tried to contact the head of customer services in the UK, I think he even tried the CEO of BMW himself! No one bothered to even reply or call him back. 9 weeks to the day, our car gets dropped off with the key posted through the door as I was out. Nothing to sign that was it!
He noticed 2 scratches on both doors and when you turn the engine on a very strong sulphur smell gets emitted.
We then go back to the garage and demand to speak to the manager, a new guy who only started the week before as the last one walked out! Eventually they’ve admitted liability for the scratches and have taken the car back in and have been given a very nice brand new 4 series cabriolet whilst it gets fixed. This was 2 weeks ago and still heard nothing and as you can see from my countdown we go on holiday on Wednesday so if it’s not done by then they’ll have to keep it until we get back.
It’s been a flipping nightmare and for us we’ll never buy another one again which is a shame as he has always wanted the M4 but it has left a very bitter taste in the mouth. I’ve got an X1 but I think I’ll go back to Volvo next time.
Apologies for the very long winded story 😂

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
duncanb
Imagineer

I'm going to say you have a good dealer.
Overall if JD power or Which,Beemer do score bad in customer service.
However if you have a good local one that's great.
The Baverians have always made good motors sometimes let down by after service and parts costs but this is true of virtually all premium brands bar Lexus who's cars aren't quiet as good but after sales are hugely better.
Glad you got a good resolution.

Edited at 04:53 PM.
duncanb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bernard301 View Post
To be honest I've always had good experiences with the BMW warranty program as well as Goodwill from BMW when out of warranty. Land Rover on the other hand...
Yet my experience is exactly the opposite...
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

BMW /Mini dealers should treat you well with their hourly rates topping £200 an hour! At our dealer in Stoke, they charge £150 an hour for repairs on a basic Mini.

I got rid of my 3 series as soon as the warranty expired. Very nice cars but big bills and steep depreciation - a £35k BMW 320d is worth £14k trade in after 3 yrs
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List