Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 16 Jul 19, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by claireyfairy8 View Post
It is only $1 more than Disney, everyone is slamming Universal but really, it's such a small amount. Even if you go everyday for your trip, not a huge increase.

Won't be long until Disney put theirs up!
it may only be $1, but another 10 increases and its an extra $10 with that logical.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by claireyfairy8 View Post
It is only $1 more than Disney, everyone is slamming Universal but really, it's such a small amount. Even if you go everyday for your trip, not a huge increase.

Won't be long until Disney put theirs up!
I wish you and Nimbus were customersof my business - I could happily raise prices all the time with no impact.😀
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mysteryjimbo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
I wish you were a customer of my business - I could happily raise prices all the time with no impact.

Remember this is the second increase in parking fees this year alone!
I don't think people are attacking just the parking increases. Its all the other increases and new charges.

It's almost been normalised to increase parking and ticket prices twice within a 12 month period and its the cumulative effect of those.

Everyone will eventually reach their limit. This is just another step towards the "straw that breaks the camels back" for some people.
Old 16 Jul 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I wish you and Nimbus were customersof my business - I could happily raise prices all the time with no impact.😀
Only if the thing you were selling was worth the price increase. I mean, prices of some things increase every year and many people keep on buying those things. Let's face it, Universal's visitor numbers will increase even with the price increases. The price has yet to reach the level where people (and I don't just mean a few hundred people on the internet) think it's no longer worth it.

But that's by-the-by...

I wasn't defending the price increase. I said no one likes these price increases. I think $26 a day is a lot of money to pay just to park and I won't be paying it. It's just that, compared to the total price of the holiday, it's a fairly small amount. You don't have to be "very wealthy" (or even just "wealthy") to afford an extra $1 or so a day considering most people will have spent thousands of pounds on the rest of their holiday. I mean, for many people it's less than a 0.1% increase in the cost to their holiday.

There are some people who pay over $30 for a resin stick to wave around and pretend they're a wizard. Or spend an extra $300 to stay in an onsite hotel just to get Express passes. Paying an extra $1 to park each day isn't going to bother 99.9% of the people visiting an already-overpriced theme park resort.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 05:04 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Tongue in cheek, if said business was the leader in their market, and no competitor was up to par, and you couldn't even offer enough to supply demand, and have a captive target customer base ... that's exactly what you could do (and would do)

cheers
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
robot1000
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
nope, it's not like disney

you'll pay to park nightly at Endless summer

but if you take your car to citywalk (the parks parking lot) you'll need to pay the $25+ fee for the day on top of the hotel's parking fee, even though you are an onsite guest (the only way to avoid that citywalk parking fee is to be a preferred or premier AP holder)

so park up at endless summer, and to go to the parks take the universal free shuttle.
the shuttle will drop you off at the transportation hub (where you arrive from the main parking lot)

shuttles run very regularly, and it will take you an equal amount of time compared to driving, except it's free.
Do you know whether you need to stay at the resort to get the free shuttle?
robot1000 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
deanobrown
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mysteryjimbo View Post
I don't think people are attacking just the parking increases. Its all the other increases and new charges.

It's almost been normalised to increase parking and ticket prices twice within a 12 month period and its the cumulative effect of those.

Everyone will eventually reach their limit. This is just another step towards the "straw that breaks the camels back" for some people.
I think you've hit the nail on the head... It's not that parking has creeped up, it's that there are price increases on everything so often people are just expecting them to happen throughout the year now!
deanobrown is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Well I'm getting my free parking with my AP which costs very little as I've been on a low rate for years so to me, $1 a day is it that big a deal?

If your product is worth it, then I'll pay an increase no bother.

These car parks are so well maintained, they have great air conditioned walkways - I know what leccy costs in FL and it's not cheap to cool half of FL - and great security so that I feel safe when going to the parks.

I find it hard to complain about paying for parking. If I compare it to the local shopping mall, the two car parks are worlds apart. And my local is £3 an hour!
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
d1gger
Proud to wear my Ears

Its also worth noting for those who haven't been in a while - the luxury of paying $26 is leaving your car in the boiling hot sun!
Incidentally, Disney should start to discount parking later on in the day as paying $25 for say a few hours is a tall ask (we actually got in free by a kind attendant who said we are Disney guests aren't we, wink wink!)
d1gger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

Thankfully will be pass holders by our next visit!
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List