Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Holiday to Florida with Florida4less
Closed Thread
Unread 19 Jul 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Segdude
Very Serious Dibber

Segdude's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
lorimac I'm sitting at home, having landed this morning, after a lovely 3 weeks in our favourite place. Whilst I confess to not being glued to Bay 9 news etc, I saw nothing of what you describe. Don't cancel, I'm sure it's as safe as it's ever been.

Y'all take care
Nick
Segdude is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Can't wait for our next trip
Unread 19 Jul 19, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Do not cancel no way! you will be safe

We tend to go off the beaten track and have discussed politics with ' everyday' Americans and are open to all sides .

We have are own issues here ( I walked down a street in Battersea last week and there was a fatal stabbing in broad daylight the next day)

The world is a difficult stage at the moment but we can't stop for every issue .
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 19 Jul 19, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

I dont mean to belittle your concerns but what is it youre actually worried about? Have I missed something? If its the chants at the rally, surely its a verbal attack on particular politicians? Or has something else happened that Ive missed?
San Francisco
Universal VR is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Ready for another one,
Unread 19 Jul 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
Joshie, clearly I'm missing your point. Could you explain, please?
No wonder some people worry about posting at times - Universal VR, I dont watch the news much so also am missing something
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 19 Jul 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
baboons
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
I never even thought anything about it to be honest. Its usually only a few prats who do these things. Look at our own country! The media is the worse of all reporting things that are just untrue but twisting them to sound more controversial Even the Trump saying 'go back to where you came from' is untrue if you read what he actually wrote. Dont give it a thought and just enjoy your holiday.
"Why dont they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how it's done."
baboons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Arlington, DC and Cape Coral
Unread 19 Jul 19, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Universal VR - Sorry I deleted my post as I try not to get involved in politics on this forum but to say it is just a comment at a rally about one politician is misguided and shows no understanding of what is happening in the USA at the moment. That is what I meant by my comment that you have missed something.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
CSR - May 2020
Unread 19 Jul 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
Universal VR - Sorry I deleted my post as I try not to get involved in politics on this forum but to say it is just a comment at a rally about one politician is misguided and shows no understanding of what is happening in the USA at the moment. That is what I meant by my comment that you have missed something.
If I understood UniversalVR she was asking if it was something else ie she didn't know? I'm in the same boat to be honest, I don't know what the OP has seen or read to make them think of cancelling their trip.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
I'll be there for my birthday!
Unread 19 Jul 19, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Lisa123wm View Post
No wonder some people worry about posting at times - Universal VR, I dont watch the news much so also am missing something
I don't believe Universal VR was being rude but was seeking clarification, and in all honesty I didn't understand why the op was even considering cancelling their holiday many months away. If someone asks for opinions on here it is reasonable that people ask questions for clarity, or give them opinions which aren't always covered in pixie dust.

Perhaps there is a good reason why the op is concerned, and for all we know they might wear a burka and feel more vunerable walking around Orlando in view of Trump's silly comments?
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Gender neutral holiday
Closed Thread
Ocean Florida