Notices

View Poll Results: Should i cut my long hair short?
Yes-it's falling out,it's breaking,it will be easier 136 80.00%
No-tying it back is easy,o/h likes it 34 20.00%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12 Mar 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by Ellelledee View Post
I’m afraid I might go against everyone’s wishes. I don’t think women should have long hair at all. If you are going to tie it back - what’s the point? I see many women with long hair pulled into a tight bun or ponytail and it looked like Trunchpole or whatever she is called from Matilda. I work with one woman same age as me (50) and she has long hair and she does loads with it - bun,twist,scrunches it,curls it everything - now that’s fine but if it’s just hanging straight or pulled back into a ponytail - I don’t like it at all. I joke with my hairdresser that I’d have a hairdresser shop that never let people grow their hair.
At the moment my hair is probably the longest it’s been in a long time it’s sort of a jaw length bob. I had it cut in a pixie cut last year and I’ve been desperately trying to grow it down but this is the longest it will go. Sorry but that’s just my feelings.
Tbh I don’t like long hair at all and extensions 😡

Go on Pinterest and find some ideas
Just out of curiosity purely , but is there a reason you think women shouldn’t have long hair ?
Old 12 Mar 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ellelledee View Post
I’m afraid I might go against everyone’s wishes. I don’t think women should have long hair at all. If you are going to tie it back - what’s the point? I see many women with long hair pulled into a tight bun or ponytail and it looked like Trunchpole or whatever she is called from Matilda. I work with one woman same age as me (50) and she has long hair and she does loads with it - bun,twist,scrunches it,curls it everything - now that’s fine but if it’s just hanging straight or pulled back into a ponytail - I don’t like it at all. I joke with my hairdresser that I’d have a hairdresser shop that never let people grow their hair.
At the moment my hair is probably the longest it’s been in a long time it’s sort of a jaw length bob. I had it cut in a pixie cut last year and I’ve been desperately trying to grow it down but this is the longest it will go. Sorry but that’s just my feelings.
Tbh I don’t like long hair at all and extensions 😡

Go on Pinterest and find some ideas
So if women get up at 7am to do fancy stuff with their hair they are allowed long hair lol?

You say you can grow your own hair, maybe that explains your feelings about it!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 19, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

My advice is don’t get it cut short. I think your hair is lovely. Anyone I’ve known who had long hair and got it cut short regretted it. There is nothing wrong with having long hair in your forties or older - I’m 47, I won’t get it cut short. I have a fat face - it would make it look fatter. My hair is falling too. It just seems brittle.. it went like this about 7 or 8 years ago too then rectified itself.. use a surface free shampoo to help with greasiness.
Old 13 Mar 19, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post

I think long hair can be aging on women past 40. That doesn’t mean it needs to be short though, there is an inbetween. A long bob seems to make sense and won’t be too much of a shock.

There seems to be many practical reasons why you would go shorter and only one why you would not. My husband does not get a say in my hair style.

Edited at 09:58 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I personally think that a nice length for us young ladies in our mid to late 40’s is shoulder length. Not too short and not too long. I think it’s more flattering if it is in a style rather than left to its own devices. Maybe cut/shaped round the face. Have you tried a Brazilian blow dry for the frizz?
I would try a Brazilian blow dry, get a good few inches cut off, a few layers to avoid the dreaded triangle look 👍
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Following on from my post lol
Cut round the face like this; this is how my hair is but mine is quite a few inches longer (but not to bra strap)
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Following on from my post lol
Cut round the face like this; this is how my hair is but mine is quite a few inches longer (but not to bra strap)
Where did you get that photo of me from?!

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
I personally think that a nice length for us young ladies in our mid to late 40’s is shoulder length. Not too short and not too long. I think it’s more flattering if it is in a style rather than left to its own devices. Maybe cut/shaped round the face. Have you tried a Brazilian blow dry for the frizz?
I would try a Brazilian blow dry, get a good few inches cut off, a few layers to avoid the dreaded triangle look 👍
That is not what I thought a Brazilian blow dry was! 😂😂😂
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
That is not what I thought a Brazilian blow dry was! 😂😂😂
Brazilian blow dry is a keratin treatment and is excellent for frizz.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by kat11 View Post
that is not what i thought a brazilian blow dry was! 😂😂😂 :d
😱😱
😂😂😂😂😂😂