Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 14 Aug 19, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by howerd View Post
I’d agree with this. Do you think it could increase the direct price of SSR too? We are considering adding on and tempted to do it sooner rather than later. Exchange rate is just a killer at the minute.

We are here at the moment and walked back from springs last night. They had the lights on in a number of rooms in the building being refurbished. We were really surprised how far along they seemed to be, it appeared there were quite a few done out already... obviously that was only looking in from the path though so probably not completely finished!
Judging by the quality of the refurb which IMO looks very good and this new extra murphy in the 1 bed as well as presumably the studio, the desirability of the resort must improve. I was saying to my wife just now at breakfast that if they now have that extra sleep surface in the 1 bed, with the renovated rooms it will probably be top choice for us at least.
Whether this increased disirability converts into a higher price? Maybe. But also it looks like a recession is coming to USA and Disney/ WDW will be hammered probably so prices may go down if it hits.

Edited at 09:08 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
We checked into SSR yesterday and visually there is nothing more to see than Saratoska posted albeit I intend to have a prowl around in the next few days!

However. As we know the 2 blocks in Congress are behind scrim and being refurbished.

When we checked in there was a big discussion as to whether we could be in the 3rd block for 28 days as work is due to commence soon. Wow that's quick.

That's the block Saratoska stays in.

Also the 1st block is due to be released back into the inventory within 2 weeks. God that is fast!

But I am pleased to report that our room is distinctly shabby and although clean needs refurbishing, not just now but more like 3 years ago:

I particularly like the fridge where I had to get my pliers out to change the temperature as the knob is missing.

I keep a screwdriver and pliers in my locker to do my running repairs

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Thanks for the update Tom, have a great trip
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
We checked into SSR yesterday and visually there is nothing more to see than Saratoska posted albeit I intend to have a prowl around in the next few days!

However. As we know the 2 blocks in Congress are behind scrim and being refurbished.

When we checked in there was a big discussion as to whether we could be in the 3rd block for 28 days as work is due to commence soon. Wow that's quick.

That's the block Saratoska stays in.

Also the 1st block is due to be released back into the inventory within 2 weeks. God that is fast!

But I am pleased to report that our room is distinctly shabby and although clean needs refurbishing, not just now but more like 3 years ago:

I particularly like the fridge where I had to get my pliers out to change the temperature as the knob is missing.

I keep a screwdriver and pliers in my locker to do my running repairs
It's ridiculous they let it get so run down. Fortunately it seems the refurb is progressing at a cracking pace.

Saw some photos of the single murphy in the 1 bed today- nice painting of Goofy riding a horse.

What still isn't clear is if the single murphy is also going in the studio. It wasn't there in the test rooms, but would seem a strange omission given the space. UNLESS DVC are trying to make the 1 beds a better value over the studios by having a fifth bed. To be honest that's logical- the studios always seemed too small for a fifth bed, and 5 crammed in must impact on wear and tear, and it's kind of bizarre a 1 bed at twice the price had less sleep surfaces when it's got 2x + the floor space.
Anyway Tom thanks for the update, and any more intel you get, I am sure we all look forward to hearing.
Old 19 Aug 19, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Terrible that they've let it get to this point. I hope you're going to be asking for some points back because I know I would be. Not good enough
Old 19 Aug 19, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
I popped to the Laundry Room just now (How much clothes do kids get through!) and checked out the external painting of Block No 2.

Doing a nice job and they have masked off the lower parts of the wall which are dressed stone so there won't be unsightly runs of paint. Broken shingles have been replaced but all Tradesmen know they are impossible to replace properly as the whole wall should really be stripped. Too much to expect that but they have probably just gunned them in as they can't nail them due to the shingle above.

Painting is done nicely. I can see into some rooms as the plastic over the window has ripped. When the ground dries up a bit I will become a Peeping Tom and be nose to the glass!

As an aside I would say they have 25+ Tradesmen working here, maybe even more.

One of them needs to know he is going to become my Mate and tell me all about what's going on.

More to follow.

Edited at 11:43 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 03:49 AM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
I popped to the Laundry Room just now (How much clothes do kids get through!) and checked out the external painting of Block No 2.

Doing a nice job and they have masked off the lower parts of the wall which are dressed stone so there won't be unsightly runs of paint. Broken shingles have been replaced but all Tradesmen know they are impossible to replace properly as the whole wall should really be stripped. Too much to expect that but they have probably just gunned them in as they can't nail them due to the shingle above.

Painting is done nicely. I can see into some rooms as the plastic over the window has ripped. When the ground dries up a bit I will become a Peeping Tom and be nose to the glass!

As an aside I would say they have 25+ Tradesmen working here, maybe even more.

One of them needs to know he is going to become my Mate and tell me all about what's going on.

More to follow.
Have you been in Artist’s Palette today. Overnight they’ve blocked off part of it and no refill station. They’re giving cans of drink. There’s been no mention of this or prior warning. Other food options all seem the same though.
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by joanna23 View Post
Have you been in Artist’s Palette today. Overnight they’ve blocked off part of it and no refill station. They’re giving cans of drink. There’s been no mention of this or prior warning. Other food options all seem the same though.
No I rarely go there sorry. How weird though not to announce it.

A quick phone message to the entire Resort would be appropriate. They can do that for the Yoga every morning so why not a disruption?

Old 20 Aug 19, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

No I rarely go there sorry. How weird though not to announce it.

A quick phone message to the entire Resort would be appropriate. They can do that for the Yoga every morning so why not a disruption?
Actually now you say it we do have the dreaded flashing red light!
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by joanna23 View Post
Actually now you say it we do have the dreaded flashing red light!
Hey Race Fans! Drives nails into me.

I press the red light, hit 2 then 3 and never got beyond the second word they are saying.