Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 25 Jun 19, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sunny1
Excited about Disney

new orleans advice please

we are looking at a short trip to new orleans whilst we are out in florida next january

we are trying to figure out if 4 nights is enough time to see the sights OR would we get away with 3 nights ?

has anyone been that can give advice, we are a group of 3 adults
sunny1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Mobile

Three days could be enough depending on where you want to go.
I would pick four days because it's one of our favourite places.
If you are not particularly into music and food (and drinks), probably you'll cover the rest in three days.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

New Orleans if probably my favorite place in the States. the longer the better in My opinion! We have been twice for 5 days and 10 days and still not see it all (granted the 10 day trip was mardi gras)

Soo much to do and see there. In January make sure you check for any Mardi Gras parades as carnival begins on the 6th January! Do leave the French Quarter there is so much more to New Orleans. WW2 Museum, the Mississippi, Cafe du Monde (the one on the Mississippi not the one in the shopping centre! Back street Cultural Museum, Garden District etc.
tiggertastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Hi we went to New Orleans halfway through our stay in Orlando, flew with Southwest for 4 nights, this was plenty as we had 3 whole days then, we did a tour every day.
Stayed at Chateau leMoyne Holiday Inn, great location, loved the French Quarter, there are drunks & homeless though. Streetcars are fab in the Garden District.
We did the Mississippi Steam Boat, the Ghost Tour & Swamp Tour, all great & all booked in the uk before we went.
Ruby Slipper is fab for breakfast & Spotted Cat is great for Jazz, get there early
Very very humid in September walking around the city, Hubbie was moaning, on the Steam Boat thought they’d be a breeze, but no! 😳 so calm & so so hot 🤣🤣🤣

Edited at 07:36 PM.
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Depends on your flight times really. The times to and from Florida can be a bit rubbish depending on who you go with.

We’ve been twice and back again this October for a 3 night stay.
I have details in my trippies - Rock n roll to creole 5 state road trip sept 2017 and Keep Calm and have a cocktail March 2018. September was hot. Very hot. March was freezing. Link is in my signature.
We love it there. Really depends on what sights you mean. There are lots of tours on offer or plenty to see on your own. A very walkable city.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Following, because we have just booked a fortnight in February (not Mardi Gras). It’s a budget trip really, not In the holiday budget. But we found the sort of flights that are so cheap it would be rude not to go.

We may do a cruise for five nights because it makes the spending much less, but very happy to have a solid week in NOLA afterwards. There are SO MANY restaurants we want to visit!

Amanda has done some brilliant trip reports
Old 25 Jun 19, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sunny1
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks so much for your replies
We are happy to go off exploring on our own and we are also happy to join guided tour
The only planning we have done so far is to book the hotel which is in the central business district
I will read your trip reports Amanda but I might be back with a few questions 😁
sunny1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sunny1
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Following, because we have just booked a fortnight in February (not Mardi Gras). It’s a budget trip really, not In the holiday budget. But we found the sort of flights that are so cheap it would be rude not to go.

We may do a cruise for five nights because it makes the spending much less, but very happy to have a solid week in NOLA afterwards. There are SO MANY restaurants we want to visit!

Amanda has done some brilliant trip reports
Karen can you tell me where you looked for flights please and also any restaurants that I should research
Thank you 😊
Old 25 Jun 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I would go the extra night and do 4, especially if you're going to have a late night or two and need to take a day easy. And I will always say Frenchman Street > Bourbon Street unless you're in hen/stag/mardi gras mode

Oh and restaurant-wise, GW Fins
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DD went to New Orleans 3 years ago or so. You can claim the tax back on goods ie clothing. Not sure how you go about this. I think you maybe just have to show your UK passport and it’s deducted at point of sale. Perhaps someone else on here can advise.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List