Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 25 Jun 19, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

I would not pay for FP's at disney. I see they offer this in Paris and it puts me off. When I'm paying $100 a day on basic passes I don't believe you should have to pay more and actually believe the park should gurantee you a minimum number of rides/attractions per 5 hours your in the park. So as currently we get 3 FP's per day , if you are in the park for 5 hours you should get an extra and so on for every 3 hours your in the park. I know some of these may be for lower spec attractions but still.
Paying for FP's will eventually mean people will pay to enter and not ride anything as they will all be sold to the people daft enough to pay for them.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Yes if it means we don’t have to book FPs. We cancelled loads of FPs last month as our plans changed.
Old 25 Jun 19, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

As a family of 5, the costs would be far too much and we will probably be priced out of Disney. Getting there & tickets prices are so high to start with.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
I would pay $25 for the headliners.

Claudette, would it not be worth trying to snag some at 60 days to save a few bucks?

Disney332
Yes Disney332 I will book FPs at 60 days, I am aware of this. However during my stay HS rides are more or less all at Tier 1 so I can't FP them.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Yup I will pay definitely - when I win the lotto (I guess that probably be a no in reality then )
Old 25 Jun 19, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Originally Posted by shack69 View Post
I would not pay for FP's at disney. I see they offer this in Paris and it puts me off.
That is optional though, and frankly unnecessary unless you are only ever. going for one day at the busiest times of the year.

DLP still offer free FPs, and they are all you need really.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
grinner82
Imagineer

grinner82's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 19
Guidebook Photos: 83
Guidebook Reviews: 10
Depends on the cost. I have just paid $30 to upgrade the free magic bands! No need but I still did it!
I think like free dining there will be free UK offers for " free fast passes" with a 14 night stay etc, perhaps removing the $200 gift card.
It will come I'm sure. It will make no difference to the attendance numbers and if they do drop that's a bonus!
Disney are amazing at been able to make money and this is an avenue they will explore .

Would I pay. Yes.
Old 25 Jun 19, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

I'd not pay and reconsider my DVC. It would cost Brits a fortune with extended stays. As I've said on here, it's likely coming though, matter of time.
Old 25 Jun 19, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
itz_baseline
Excited about Disney

No I wouldn’t pay and probably will stop visiting the Disney parks if they do. I’m already really disappointed that after spending nearly £2,000 for our Disney tickets there’s some rides I can’t get a FP for.

I think what I would be happy with is when buying a 14 day ticket you get 1 FP for every single ride in all parks, then you pay if you want more for additional rides. I imagine currently lots of people book multiple FPs on a single ride and don’t even show up for the ride and don’t bother cancelling. If you only get 1 chance to ride it and you miss it then it’s tough.

Be interested to know how many people just miss their FPs because as far as I know there’s no penalty for taking up these slots and not showing.
itz_baseline is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Pete1
Getting Excited

Mobile

Its definitely coming. Look at the parks over here.
- we pay to park our car
- we pay for fast passes that are tiered.
- we pay extra for special nights/days.
Disney are just playing catch up.
Pete1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List