Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Jun 19, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Segdude
Very Serious Dibber

Segdude's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Arrived yesterday - Immigration was a dream.

Admin, please move if you feel this is in the wrong place.
So, quite a familiar scenario for many of you. We arrived yesterday late afternoon/evening. It's now 5am local time and I'm wide awake!
I don't do trip reports (might do a mini one a bit later, see how I feel), but thought I'd quickly let you know about yesterdays experience with immigration...….are you ready? Sit down, take a deep breath and relax. We sailed through! We were first off the plane (yes, seats 19a, c, d,e and f) and for the second time on the trot we were met with an empty immigration hall. Plenty of immigration officers and we were fist up. One of my daughters timed it from touchdown to driving out of the car park 50 minutes.
I'll put a post in the Car Hire section for those of you who are interested.
Right, it's still pitch black outside so I'm off to make my second cup of coffee.

Y'all take care
Nick
Segdude is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Moz
Imagineer

Moz's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Lucky you...!... we arrived on Monday on the 11.15 Gatwick flight and had the worst immigration queue we have ever seen ... 2 hours and 10 minutes we timed it at from starting to queue to getting our bags
Moz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Segdude
Very Serious Dibber

Segdude's Reviews
Originally Posted by Moz View Post
Lucky you...!... we arrived on Monday on the 11.15 Gatwick flight and had the worst immigration queue we have ever seen ... 2 hours and 10 minutes we timed it at from starting to queue to getting our bags

Sorry to hear that Moz, it must seem like I'm rubbing your nose in it
I was a little concerned as I'd had a text alert from Virgin the day before saying that due to construction work there may be some delays, but as I've said, it was a dream. There had been an earlier flight from Manchester as there were plenty of people around that luggage carousel but didn't look like any others had arrived prior to us. We were on the 1pm Virgin from Gatwick, which pushed back late and finally took off at 1.40, but the flight time was only 8 hours 15 minutes, so obviously a favourable tail wind

Y'all take care
Nick

Edited at 11:31 AM.
Segdude is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Moz
Imagineer

Moz's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Ha... not at all... glad you were through quick... we were held in a little room first then into the hall.. worst we have seen but here now and enjoying the sunrise from the pool area... bliss

Have a great holiday
Moz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Segdude
Very Serious Dibber

Segdude's Reviews
Originally Posted by Moz View Post
Ha... not at all... glad you were through quick... we were held in a little room first then into the hall.. worst we have seen but here now and enjoying the sunrise from the pool area... bliss

Have a great holiday
Lol!, by the pool myself, whilst the rest of the family is asleep. They are missing the best part of the day. All I can hear is birds singing, and a very distant background hum of traffic, which I assume is probably the I4 rush hour.

Y'all take care
Nick
Old 28 Jun 19, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Were you in PE? The time we were downstairs PE we were through immigration in under 5 minutes. Last trip we were almost at the back of economy and it was 1.5hrs! And our flight was the 1st into the hall, 2 or 3 others arrived after us until the hall was totally full. God knows how long they had to wait.
Next time I think paying for PE outbound is worth it just to skip that queue!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

When we landed in Vegas, we were first off the aircraft and first people into the hall. It was great - then took 90 mins to get the hire car with Alamo as they had none in the garage !
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
That was a quick exit. Well done.

Sadly we are going to have to line up in August as the Granddaughter is with us and she doesn't have GE.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Segdude
Very Serious Dibber

Segdude's Reviews
Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
Were you in PE? The time we were downstairs PE we were through immigration in under 5 minutes. Last trip we were almost at the back of economy and it was 1.5hrs! And our flight was the 1st into the hall, 2 or 3 others arrived after us until the hall was totally full. God knows how long they had to wait.
Next time I think paying for PE outbound is worth it just to skip that queue!
Yes, we were in PE, row 19, a through f. This is the second time we've arrived into an empty immigration hall. Mind you, we've had some shockers in the past. Christmas 2015 we were held on the plan for 45 minutes, then spent just over two hours in the queue. It was so bad that in 2016 we decided to fly into Tampa. Unfortunately we had such an awful experience with BA that we decided not to fly with them again.

Y'all take care
Nick
Old 28 Jun 19, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Segdude
Very Serious Dibber

Segdude's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
That was a quick exit. Well done.

Sadly we are going to have to line up in August as the Granddaughter is with us and she doesn't have GE.
Well hopefully it wont be too bad for you Tom. I have to say that 2015 was our worst experience, and the last two trips have been a dream. I seem to recall 2016 being about 45 minute, maybe an hour, I cant honestly remember. In my book, that's not to bad, especially for us ESTA guys who don't have GE!

Y'all take care
Nick