Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Jun 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Home made Dog food or Best tasting?

My dog has decided she hates dog food, eats a bit of kibble but won’t eat wet food. Tried all sorts, hates Ceaser even tho she’s a westie plus it has grizzle in it! She used to like Winalot pouches and pedigree pouches but not anymore. She has M&S own make sometimes but wasn’t keen last time I got it. Pets at home organic, Lilly’s Kitchen she wasn’t keen. I thought of making my own has anyone tried making it, she likes cold chicken, sometimes scrambled eggs. Hates cooked chicken and rice that I made her. Help!
Old 30 Jun 19, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Our dog (King Charles), wasn't fond of any of the standard shop bought stuff. After a bit of research, I found Markus Muhle Naturnah, a German dog food, on Zooplus. Bought a bag and he loves it! Has been on it for a couple of years now and is constantly excited about meal times. Our friends and my mum have also switched to it and have very happy dogs. Cooking for our dog, unless he's ill, is something that I won't even entertain personally.
zooplus/shop/dogs/...EaAmN4EALw_wcB

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

We use jack wolf frozen dog food. It has totally changed our dogs health, we will never go back to artificial food again. It is also ideal in this type of hot weather as full of moisture
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 19, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellemum
Excited about Disney

Our little Jackapoo has chicken for breakfast and Royal Canin pellets for tea - but I have to put chocolate buttons on the top! She also has a little plate of what we have for tea - as long as its safe for her to eat. I think a lot of small dogs are fussy - im just happy when shes ate something.
Bellemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 19, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
I love walmart
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Have you researched raw food at all? I use a ready made one called Nutriment. You would need to make a gradual change from cooked to raw, but she might take to it better than the ‘cooked’ stuff.
My little dog has always had it so I can’t make comparisons but she loves it. No smelly wind, shiny coat, poops aren’t too stinky either. And she wolfs it down. She might just be very greedy though 🤣
I love walmart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 06:13 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellemum View Post
Our little Jackapoo has chicken for breakfast and Royal Canin pellets for tea - but I have to put chocolate buttons on the top! She also has a little plate of what we have for tea - as long as its safe for her to eat. I think a lot of small dogs are fussy - im just happy when shes ate something.
Chocolate is really bad for dogs!
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
nickimiz
Imagineer

I cook for our little daschund, she has chicken, rice, pasta, beef mince, scrambled egg - plus the harringtons dried which I leave down all the time and she just helps herself. She is thriving on it, but is very fussy, if she doesn't fancy it, she leaves it !
Old 1 Jul 19, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
Chocolate is really bad for dogs!
Doggy choc buttons are ok, we have some x
Old 1 Jul 19, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post

We feed our dogs dry food which we get from Tails.com and also as they are pugs and prone to putting on weight, there is a metabolic kibble that we get from the vets.

Every other day they will have a chicken dinner with vegetables and rice, I usually buy the chicken pre cooked, however it is a bit expensive so I am going to start cooking it myself. The rice is the one minute microwaveable and the peas and carrots are a frozen mixed vegetable. If I do scrambled eggs for myself for breakfast I will make a bit extra for their breakfast as they love eggs.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Our old border cross is fussy sometimes , he’s fussy at minute so he’s not long since had scrambled egg, for tea he will probably have some fish or chicken, he’s only like this for a day or so usually then he’s happy to go back to his regular senior dog pouches and mixer and gravy bones for brekkie, our lurcher will eat owt... and often does
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List