Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Jul 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Name badge

I am tempted to buy a name badge for when I go to Orlando next year. Can I have your honest opinions as to whether you would alter the design, leave it as it is, or not bother buying it. The cost is around £14.18.

Below is a photo of the badge [forget the sharp edges that you can see], it will be made with the blue border and the background is brushed silver but I can alter it to whatever colour I want.

The dimensions are 74mm x 35mm, roughly 3in x 1.5in [the largest that they do]

Mods, I think it's ok to use the Dibb logo but please tell me if it is not.
Old 2 Jul 19, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
riversider2014
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Honest opinion - id just question why you want to have one as it’s not something I would be remotely interested in doing?

Might be a random question too but would Disney allow it as you could get people thinking you’re a cast member if you are walking round with a name badge on (albeit it doesn’t look like an official badge )

March 2015 - http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=865148
riversider2014 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by riversider2014 View Post
Honest opinion - id just question why you want to have one as it’s not something I would be remotely interested in doing?

Might be a random question too but would Disney allow it as you could get people thinking you’re a cast member if you are walking round with a name badge on (albeit it doesn’t look like an official badge )
It's something I am tempted by after reading the thread "Do you ever wonder if it’s a dibber next to you?" Link below.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1134893

I honestly don't know if Disney would allow it but I don't see why not as it's nothing like a CM name badge.

It will be interesting to read members opinions [good and bad] as we're all different, and as I said I am only tempted at the moment.

Edited at 10:21 AM.
lyn1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickey's Magic
Excited about Disney

Mickey's Magic's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Personally I wouldn't go for a name badge as it sort of looks like your a spokesperson for the dibb or someone in authority! I however don't think that generic badges that you can pin or clip to your bag etc are a bad idea saying "I'm on the Dibb" or something similar!

DLP: 1997 (Cheyenne), 2013 (Offsite; Dream Castle), 2017 (Newport Bay), 2019 (Sequoia Lodge)
Mickey's Magic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

unless its an actual dibb meetup, i dont see the point in a name badge like that.

far more appropriate IMO would be a circular pin badge with the dibb logo on, or some sort of enamel approximation of the logo

i would happily wear something like that on my baseball cap when over there...
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mickey's Magic View Post
Personally I wouldn't go for a name badge as it sort of looks like your a spokesperson for the dibb or someone in authority! I however don't think that generic badges that you can pin or clip to your bag etc are a bad idea saying "I'm on the Dibb" or something similar!
This is the kind of thing I was hoping for.

So if the badge didn't have my name on it and just said something like the Dibb it wouldn't be so bad?
Old 2 Jul 19, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickey's Magic
Excited about Disney

Mickey's Magic's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by lyn1 View Post
This is the kind of thing I was hoping for.

So if the badge didn't have my name on it and just said something like the Dibb it wouldn't be so bad?
I would perhaps say something more circular and generic so yes "I'm on the Dibb" or something similar would work well in my opinion rather than an employee name type badge which is how I would describe the one you have originally posted.

You may have accidentally uncovered a commercial opportunity for The Dibb to sell these things though

DLP: 1997 (Cheyenne), 2013 (Offsite; Dream Castle), 2017 (Newport Bay), 2019 (Sequoia Lodge)
Mickey's Magic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mickey's Magic View Post
I would perhaps say something more circular and generic so yes "I'm on the Dibb" or something similar would work well in my opinion rather than an employee name type badge which is how I would describe the one you have originally posted.

You may have accidentally uncovered a commercial opportunity for The Dibb to sell these things though
I wish they would but it might be a lot of work involved.
Old 2 Jul 19, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I like it. Plus if any of us spot you we will know straight away who you are not just that you are on this site.

I would make it a bit smaller though. Maybe 2.25" x 1.25"

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I wouldn’t go with one that had my name on it because although we as adults might tell the difference between that and a cast member, small kids would not. The small circular idea is a good one.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List