Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Jul 19, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Mobile People who fly from Manchester

Does anyone look at any other options except for VA or TC direct from Manchester? Even driving to other airports?

Stuck to school holidays and looking at May next year... flights prices have gone up again since first released (already were very high)... I am sure this will change as times goes on but as stuck to dates kinds of limits us.

So wondering what other options?

Drive down to Gatwick (from Liverpool) were flights are better priced (650pp) but not sure on the 4hr drive back up after the flight back.

Via Dublin and clear US customs there. Can get a flight from Liverpool To Dublin. Flying with Aer Lingus (not flown with them before but will be later this year to NYC)

Or any other in-direct options?

Looking for ideas... or is it just a case of waiting and we will probably see the prices come down for direct MAN-MCO.

Thanks
Old 13 Jul 19, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
dave
Imagineer

Thomson’s is the only other direct.

Loads of non direct options. We have gone Manchester, Heathrow to Miami as I don’t mind the drive to Orlando. BA flights we get when reasonable.

Use Skyscanner to expand your search
Sunset lakes 01, Weston Hills 03,Indian Ridge 04, Davenport 04, Westridge 06 & 07, Florida Pines 08, Lake Berkley 09, Windsor Hills 10, Emerald Island 12, Westridge 13, Legacy Park 15, Eagle Pointe 16, Loma Linda & Windsor Hills 17, Westridge 18, Bella Vida 19
FLORIDA MASTERS WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2015
HOLIDAY GENIE / TRAVELUP WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2016
dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Weve flown TUI from Manchester, would Sanford be an option for you once over the pond, Im one of the strange ones that prefers Sanford to Mco lol
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I would look at all options. You could drive up to Glasgow, down to Gatwick, BA from Manchester and change airports in London, Manchester but fly to Tampa/Miami. Yes the drive back from Gatwick was a bit of a killer but I would do it again if the saving justified it. I would book a Premier inn for both going out and coming back next time though.
The drive from Miami another year was easy and about 4 hours. The flights from Manchester to Miami were half the price at the time
Not Florida but the last couple of years we have driven Lancashire to Glasgow, again half the price of Manchester. I don’t really like Manchester Airport anyway and it is always so expensive to fly from there. Welive less than an hour from Manchester Airport but very rarely fly from there.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
joe 70
Apprentice Imagineer

Would you consider an overnight stay in cheap hotel before the drive back maybe if the numbers worked?
We always fly from Manchester and it is the Journey back that puts me off London airports.
As regards prices coming down I wish you luck as we were in a similar position this year and had to go indirect via Glasgow on the way home to get anything like a reasonable price!
2018 Aurora Villa Virgins/PBH
2019 POR Here we come!
joe 70 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Thank you all.

Not adverse to it as like driving in the States but would prefer not to have a car and we enjoy Magical Express from MCO. So not too keen on options for Sanford or further out over there.

Gatwick or Glasgow could be options but would have to drive back that day as DW school starts again the day after we land. But tempted by the savings. We normally stay at the Radisson the night before in Manchester so would travel down and stay in a hotel the night before anyway.

Looking at sky scanner and kayak also, thank you.

Edited at 09:28 AM.
miked1e is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We are doing man -atl -mco . It was much cheaper than direct
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I think your options have all been covered. We always fly from Manchester and it frustratingly does seem to attract a premium price. For me. I’m not wanting to go indirect and not wanting a four plus hour drive when we get home so I always suck it up. A few years ago I booked decent priced May flights in February with Virgin.
Old 13 Jul 19, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
ccleveley
Serious Dibber

ccleveley's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Always fly from Manchester. Flight prices will drop again - usually end of August or mid September and then again early December. Set up an alert from Skyscanner and check each day - never paid more than £420 each for end of May / early June.
ccleveley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
I think your options have all been covered. We always fly from Manchester and it frustratingly does seem to attract a premium price. For me. I’m not wanting to go indirect and not wanting a four plus hour drive when we get home so I always suck it up. A few years ago I booked decent priced May flights in February with Virgin.
Seems to be the case and what we have always done too.