Notices

View Poll Results: Which is your favourite diner?
Denny's 54 31.76%
Bob Evans 13 7.65%
Cracker Barrel 42 24.71%
IHOP 58 34.12%
Waffle House 3 1.76%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17 Jul 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Best breakfast diner

We generally opt for Dennys, but I thought I'd ask Dibbers to vote in the style of Mickey House threads.

What's your favourite breakfast diner and why.
Old 17 Jul 19, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
TC

I must abstain or be reprimanded for a spoilt ballot paper.

In a typical week. Bob Evans, Cracker Barrell, IHOP, Golden Corral (yes I'm big enough for the abuse ), Denny's, one on the villa pool deck and a random First Watch or Perkins.

Not much use am I?

Mick
Old 17 Jul 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

Denny’s or Perkins for us
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
TC

I must abstain or be reprimanded for a spoilt ballot paper.

In a typical week. Bob Evans, Cracker Barrell, IHOP, Golden Corral (yes I'm big enough for the abuse ), Denny's, one on the villa pool deck and a random First Watch or Perkins.

Not much use am I?

Mick
Mick

It does help to know you are so supportive of so many businesses.

I now think I may not have put enough options in. It just demonstrates I am an amateur in the domain of Mickey House.

TC
Old 17 Jul 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
Mick

It does help to know you are so supportive of so many businesses.

I now think I may not have put enough options in. It just demonstrates I am an amateur in the domain of Mickey House.

TC
TC

Do you mean you own more than one pair of underpants but have never been attacked by a wild boar.

Your countdown is looking very nice. Will you be anywhere near Fort Myers? I can recommend the Edison Ford Winter Estate in FM downtown if you're interested in American industrial history.

Sorry for the deviation folks - not like me at all

Mick
Old 17 Jul 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

I voted for Cracker Barrel because they will do me french toast just plain without all the awful cinnamon and sugar on it. It’s really hard to get anywhere that will cook it like that. When I ask they always say the batter is made up but I can’t ever really understand why they can’t just dip the bread in the scrambled egg mix, if they don’t use fresh eggs
But I have to say we love ihop as well, especially the chocolate pancakes !
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Of your list, definitely Waffle House. It really is freshly cooked and mostly griddled rather than fried. Egg, bacon and cheese sarnies are the best anywhere
Old 17 Jul 19, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Cracker barrel for eggs in a basket,! 👍
Quality Inn Plaza , I drive (2009) / Los Angeles, CA (2010) /New york + Villa at Chatham park (2014/15) / Quality Inn on 192 (2015) / Laguna beach (2016) / Flamingo inn ,Daytona beach (2016/17) Houston , Atlanta + Coco key water resort, I drive (2017), Boston (2018), New York City (2018) Washington DC + Clarion Suites Maingate, (2018)Red Lion/ New orleans (Sept 2019) Cabbibean Resort/ Red lion (Jan 2020), Baymont Inn and Suites (Aug 2020)
CarsonMac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
TC

Do you mean you own more than one pair of underpants but have never been attacked by a wild boar.

Your countdown is looking very nice. Will you be anywhere near Fort Myers? I can recommend the Edison Ford Winter Estate in FM downtown if you're interested in American industrial history.

Sorry for the deviation folks - not like me at all

Mick

Yes it's been a while, but we're nearly there.

Thanks for the tip, Mick. It sounds interesting. Fort Myers is showing as about an hour and a quarter south of us, so we may head that way. We definitely want to see Sarasota which is about an hour north.

TC

Old 17 Jul 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

We used to love a dennys, but they have gone downhill over the past few trips. Our favourite was the one on the 192 near the US27, but more miss than hit most of the time.

A grand slam was about $5.99 dollars a few years ago, and now it has increased by 50% to $8.99 which taking into account a tip and tax it's near £10 which would be okay if it was good most of the time.

My advice is to buy the value breakfast with pancakes, eggs, bacon or sausage for half the price at $4.50. The only thing missing is hash brown which isn't worth a fiver more.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List