Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Attraction Tickets Direct
Unread 19 Jul 19, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
FizzyWhip
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by 4fromsuffolk View Post
I would tell you to be careful on the stairs! We added a puppy at the end of June to our older 2 dogs. I was rushing downstairs in the morning to feed them and let them out and slipped and broke my fibula. Im 3 weeks in of 6 weeks in a plaster cast not being allowed to weight bear. Toilet training has not easy!

I would also say enjoy your puppy as they grow so quickly! You are going to have great fun with your new addition. We would never be without dogs.
Oh my gosh, you poor thing !
I have buckled down my stairs a few times but never worse than a sore ankle,luckily (although the pain was excruciating !)
Thank you .
Werent supposed to be getting him before we went away but breeder said she recommended it for bonding purposes so the next couple of weeks will be interesting !
FizzyWhip is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ
Unread 19 Jul 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
4fromsuffolk
Excited about Disney

4fromsuffolk's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Its an exciting time. Weve always had ours from 8 weeks old - I know breeders sometimes want them to go later - they change so quickly! Enjoy xx
4fromsuffolk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 19, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
FizzyWhip
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by 4fromsuffolk View Post
Its an exciting time. Weve always had ours from 8 weeks old - I know breeders sometimes want them to go later - they change so quickly! Enjoy xx
Thankyou . Im excited but very anxious 😅 x
FizzyWhip is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ
Unread 19 Jul 19, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
4fromsuffolk
Excited about Disney

4fromsuffolk's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

It will be fine. You can always ask on here for advice if you need it there are lots of dog owners with great advice to give. Your vet will be helpful too Im sure 🐶
4fromsuffolk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 19, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Frenchie are amazing not a breed I'd have bough but she was a gift from my sons
We've now got 5 in the family
All been easy to train and all very different in their ways all but one of ours will walk for miles just watch him in the heat they can overheat very quickly
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Halloween Thanksgiving pre Christmas
Unread 19 Jul 19, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
patjeff63
Excited about Disney

I have had dogs all my life numerous puppies and rescue dogs . I now have 2 rescued ex-breeders from puppy farming. The idea of keeping a dog in a cage for x.no. of hours is an absolute no no for me, and not something I would ever ever use or do. However, it seems that crate/cage training is the 'in' thing to try and stop 'accidents' in the home. Keeping puppies in one room only, constantly taking them out after play, eating etc. so that they get used to using the garden for their toilet training works. Putting paper or pads by the door in which you are training them to use to go out for a wee works as well. Tried and tested for many years on all the wonderful dogs that have been in my life.
patjeff63 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
BACK TO THE LAND OF MAKE BELIE
Unread 19 Jul 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
FizzyWhip
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by patjeff63 View Post
I have had dogs all my life numerous puppies and rescue dogs . I now have 2 rescued ex-breeders from puppy farming. The idea of keeping a dog in a cage for x.no. of hours is an absolute no no for me, and not something I would ever ever use or do. However, it seems that crate/cage training is the 'in' thing to try and stop 'accidents' in the home. Keeping puppies in one room only, constantly taking them out after play, eating etc. so that they get used to using the garden for their toilet training works. Putting paper or pads by the door in which you are training them to use to go out for a wee works as well. Tried and tested for many years on all the wonderful dogs that have been in my life.
Would never leave him locked in a crate .
I work from home so around all day and when he does have to be left we have put gates up so hes in a safe area
POFQ
Unread 19 Jul 19, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
FizzyWhip
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Frenchie are amazing not a breed I'd have bough but she was a gift from my sons
We've now got 5 in the family
All been easy to train and all very different in their ways all but one of ours will walk for miles just watch him in the heat they can overheat very quickly
Yes the breeder said this too, one of hers loves a long walk ! Will definitely be careful with the overheating
POFQ
Eat and Play Card