Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Jul 19, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

We didn’t like puppy pads , also that seems to take longer to train that way.
Like the idea that we / poo etc is down outside and outside only not on a pad in house .
Old 19 Jul 19, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scottishmum View Post
We didn’t like puppy pads , also that seems to take longer to train that way.
Like the idea that we / poo etc is down outside and outside only not on a pad in house .
We used puppy pads for 1 night and then sacked off that idea.

We put a bell on the door (our old lab used to knock the door to say he wanted out) and every time woody touched the bell we rewarded him, put him outside and said “go wees”. Toilet trained really well and uses the bell to let us know he needs to go out ❤️ Even when he was staying st my house and my sisters, he used the bell.

We didn’t take him out every half an hour. You learn when they’re gonna go very quickly, after a nap, after food, after play, etc etc but we didn’t take him out every half hour. He is also crate trained and is in his crate during the day as we work. My sister goes to mum and dads at lunch time for an hour and lets him out. Dads self employed so it home at random times and my fiancé works shifts. So between us there’s loads of help.

Make sure he does get used to being left in the crate when you’re not there because otherwise you may struggle when you have to go out to the shops/out for dinner etc. Always start young .

We had a person in our puppy group that refused to leave them in the crate because someone would always be home. Obviously there came a time when not everyone was home the the dog really really struggled.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Sod the rules, sod what everyone thinks you must do... no sofa, no bed, strict rules on food...

LOVE your little one...… he is leaving his mum, he needs love, comfort and everything any baby needs.

Dogs are wonderful, the only sad part is they break your heart in the end.

Enjoy every moment of your little one... xxxx
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x

Edited at 03:58 PM.
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FizzyWhip View Post
Great thank you .
Already have insurance set up and will be getting him the same vaccination package we have for our cats .
Any tips on nighttime ?
tips on nightime, for me it would be hold them close, they have come to a strange and lonely world... love is what they need. xxx
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks everyone , he’s home and yodelled the whole journey!
He’s currently asleep in his crate downstairs , the breeders gave us a blanket that his mum and siblings had been sleeping with and he’s snuggled up into that .
We also won’t be using puppy pads as I read they can make toilet training a lot harder
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FizzyWhip View Post
Thanks everyone , he’s home and yodelled the whole journey!
He’s currently asleep in his crate downstairs , the breeders gave us a blanket that his mum and siblings had been sleeping with and he’s snuggled up into that .
We also won’t be using puppy pads as I read they can make toilet training a lot harder
Our boy still has his blanket. He’s six months now and I don’t think he’s fussed by it 😂 but we leave it in his crate. Tbh we’ve been so lucky he’s been great! Preserve if he cries through the night, they’re like babies and if you go to them every time they’ll get you wrapped round their little fingers 😂
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Flower2603
Imagineer

Flower2603's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by scottishmum View Post
Diiferent routines work for different families.
We brought Riley home at 9 weeks,
For toilet training we took him out to same spot in garden to wee / poo .
When he was seeing I would say “be quick “ that was his cue , when he had done it would praise loads with a treat.
He still at 7.5 yes old weeks/ poos in the same place in garden.
Take the puppy out there after naps, after plays , after dinner, after , after and after lol, get used to doing their business outside .
I would take him out every half an hour, that resulted in a fast toilet trained dog that only had one poo accident in the house and that was week 1.

We used a crate but we did get up in the night to take him out , didn’t want him.To get used to seeing or pooing in crate.
We would put him in crate about 10pm after last wee .
We would get up about 2am take him out .
Resulted in dog that never wee or pooped in house .
By 6 months he was sleeping upstairs out the crate with us lol.

This sounds exactly like us!

We crate trained Amber from her arrival at 7 1/2 weeks. We put a small play pen around the crate so she could come out and drink have a small toy there. It had puppy pads down in the playpen area.

During the day we took her to the garden every hour and would say 'pee pee', loads of praise when she went. When she was out of the playpen/crate we'd watch her all the time and take her out if she began sniffing.

She housetrained so easily, using this method and now that she is 7 months, she sleeps in our room.

On her first night, we put a small scent blanket from her mum in with a cuddly toy we bought that had a hearbeat in. She cried a bit for the first night but we ignored her. Sounds harsh but by night 2, she did not cry at all. By night 3 or 4 I removed the scent blanket. She still has her cuddly toy but not with the heartbeat.

Good luck and enjoy!

August 2008 - All Star Sports/Tradewinds, St. Pete
Aug. 2010 - Beach Club/RPH Aug. 2012 - Beach Club!
August 2015 - RPH/POFQ
October 2017 - Newport Bay DLP August 2018 Tokyo Disney
Flower2603 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

This is Wilson
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
KFJames
Imagineer

KFJames's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
He is gorgeous...love the name
Old 19 Jul 19, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

Leaving your dog caged/crated up for a WHOLE day, sorry this is beyond me.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List