Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Jul 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Anyone clued up with the compensation for flights?

Not sure if we are entitled to anything but it’s worth a shot hey!

Yesterday we flew from Manchester-Atlanta-Miami. Due to land in Miami at 7.05pm. We arrived at 11.20pm. Man-Atlanta via virgin fab in time. Atlanta to Miami via delta 4 1/4 hour delay. Firstly due to thunderstorms an hour delay, but they loaded us onto the flight and we sat there for 2 hours waiting for what they described at deadhead crew? Basically they said they didn’t know what was going on they had been in touch with their operations (Delta) and were waiting for information on this crew. (1 person) all other crew members had waited at the gate with us so it wasn’t crew going over their hours. Also the thunderstorms delayed the flight shortly but ultimately it was their missing crew that caused the major delay!

Any ideas?

We finally got to our hotel in Fort Lauderdale at 1am USA time impacting our first day also)
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Plus 2 of our cases are damaged ground crew told us delta will reimburse but at midnight 5am uk time I just didn’t care at all! I needed sleep
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
markpwa8
Very Serious Dibber

For your cases, you just need to visit the airline website and put a claim in. We did this with Virgin and BA and both successful with no issues.

with regards to your flight, not an expert on this, but I am sure if more than 3 hours late, you are entitled, however if its weather driven, might not be the case, as its out of their hands.

Glad you eventually arrived.
markpwa8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Originally Posted by markpwa8 View Post
For your cases, you just need to visit the airline website and put a claim in. We did this with Virgin and BA and both successful with no issues.

with regards to your flight, not an expert on this, but I am sure if more than 3 hours late, you are entitled, however if its weather driven, might not be the case, as its out of their hands.

Glad you eventually arrived.
Thanks! The weather slightly delayed the flight but the major delay was delta lack of crew members!
Old 19 Jul 19, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Certainly no storm in Atlanta whilst we sat and waited from 2.30 until 10pm which was frustrating!
Old 19 Jul 19, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
markpwa8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Thanks! The weather slightly delayed the flight but the major delay was delta lack of crew members!
Ah ok. I would enjoy your holiday but if you get chance, get on their website and look to start the ball rolling.

If they reject it, I would imagine plenty on here can advise next steps etc or even check Martin Lewis website out for more help.
markpwa8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Thank you 😁
Old 19 Jul 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyWannabe
Imagineer

EU rules are if you land more than 4 hours after expected arrival outwith exceptional circumstances.

As you say weather may be a factor in the delay, I am not sure they would have to pay out, however, it can't hurt to try?
Old 19 Jul 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

EU 261 applies to delays on flights leaving an airport in the EU &/or on an EU based airline.
Not sure how that affects a delay on a flight leaving a US airport on a US based airline.

Not sure if the fact that you've booked a through ticket via VS overrides this or not.
I'm no expert on this so happy for others with more knowledge to advise.

Edited at 10:50 PM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

Hi

I am no expert either but found this which may help
euclaim/blog/new-c...side-of-the-eu

Good luck
Jennywren is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List