Notices

View Poll Results: Will the WDW price increases affect your holiday plans?
I won't visit the WDW parks. 168 15.98%
It won't affect my holiday. 510 48.53%
I'll still visit the WDW parks and pay reluctantly. 373 35.49%
Voters: 1051. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10 Oct 15, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Sweetie Babes
VIP Dibber

Sweetie Babes's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 32

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
I announced that this year's March holiday was going to be our last 'family' holiday. So what did we do? We went and bought into the DVC.

So ... we're 'tied in' (not reluctantly, I hasten to add) for the next 37 years. If nothing else, it's somewhere for DD to go on holiday where we know she'll be safe on her own.

And DD and I am having our second Disney holiday of the year next month. I offered for OH and I to go for a week for our Silver Wedding next summer but he opted to skip next year and have another big holiday in 2017 to celebrate his 60th.

What annoys me is that our DVC discount will only work against annual passes, and as we usually only go once a year it's just not going to work for us. I told them we should be able to get discounted tickets for the MYW options as well.
Nov03: 14nts Travelodge/ Feb05: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Aug06: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Apr08: 10nts villa White Oak Circle/ Feb11: 14nts condo Sweetwater Circle/ Feb12: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb13: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb14: 7nts CBR/ Mar15: 14nts AoA/ Nov15: 7nts OKW(DVC)/ Aug16: 2nts BLT/ 6nts AKL/ Sep17: 8nts OKW/3nts BLT/ Sep18: 1nt GFV/9nts OKW/ Feb19: 5nts POR/3nts GFV/ Feb20: 8nts AKL/ Apr22: 3nts OKW/8nts GFV / May23: 9nts BLT / Apr24: 14nts villa Seasons Blvd
Sweetie Babes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 15, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
AnnieB
Imagineer

How much has the price increased for UK visitors?

I have heard about the price hike for local passholders. Apparently they want people like us there ... who spend money on hotels, meals in their restaurants and souvenirs ... rather than the locals who turn up a couple of times a month for a few quick rides.

The place is too crowded and they need to reduce visitor numbers. But I think they want foreign visitors to keep coming!
AnnieB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 15, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Sweetie Babes
VIP Dibber

Sweetie Babes's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Well, the Ultimate tickets seem to rise by between £10 and £20 a year. As they're now around the £300 mark that's less than 10% - but not much!

Another thing Disney is doing at the moment is offering good discounts on room rates instead of offering the free dining plan. This suits some families more - especially when you've only got a couple staying in a room.

I don't know if the dining plans went up in October - I luckily got in and got ours in September, so if they have gone up we've got in in time. (I also managed to get our plan the one weekend the dollar rate was in our favour which was good luck). If you buy the plan on its own (ie as we're DVC members) you HAVE to buy it through Disney US and not only is it a bit more expensive (yes, it is, honestly), you have to contend with the fluctuating dollar rate as well.

I always said I'd never PAY for the dining plan, but as we're staying on site and I costed up paying for meals in the parks/resort against schlepping offsite to eat or the irritation of having to buy in loads of food and actually cook it, the $100 difference wasn't worth worrying about. We're only going offsite for the first night's shopping and then one afternoon/evening at Premium. So it's a decision based purely on convenience (oh, plus the fact we're there for the Food & Wine Festival and we want to use our snack credits trying different foods there).
Nov03: 14nts Travelodge/ Feb05: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Aug06: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Apr08: 10nts villa White Oak Circle/ Feb11: 14nts condo Sweetwater Circle/ Feb12: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb13: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb14: 7nts CBR/ Mar15: 14nts AoA/ Nov15: 7nts OKW(DVC)/ Aug16: 2nts BLT/ 6nts AKL/ Sep17: 8nts OKW/3nts BLT/ Sep18: 1nt GFV/9nts OKW/ Feb19: 5nts POR/3nts GFV/ Feb20: 8nts AKL/ Apr22: 3nts OKW/8nts GFV / May23: 9nts BLT / Apr24: 14nts villa Seasons Blvd
Sweetie Babes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 15, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

I suppose one advantage if being such a WDW newbie is that I don't know anything other than the current prices... and I have to say now I have completely caught the Disney big it would take very big increases to keep me away. It may mean we won't go as often as we are currently but I could never stop going completely that is for sure
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 15, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Sweetie Babes
VIP Dibber

Sweetie Babes's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Oh, meant to say that Disney's highest percentage of 'customer type' these days is the South American groups. There doesn't seem to be any time of year that these huge groups (and have you noticed, they're always girls - never boys) 'swarm' round the parks. Disney's making a fortune from these groups with block bookings at the hotels etc. They also seem to be made of money and flash it about freely. Disney is more than happy to keep on welcoming these groups.
Old 10 Oct 15, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

There will always be a flow of new families going to replace any those that stop going...
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 15, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Sweetie Babes
VIP Dibber

Sweetie Babes's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by coggie View Post
There will always be a flow of new families going to replace any those that stop going...
Of course there will. It's the natural progress of life/age apart from anything else. You grow up, you go on your own, you take your kids, your kids grow up and don't come with you anymore, then you get too old/infirm to want the hassle, and so on. I call it 'the conveyor belt of life'. As things drop off the end, new ones jump on at the start.
Old 10 Oct 15, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneyloverz
Imagineer

Disneyloverz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I can't see any price increase ever stopping us going (especially as we're DVC), we love Disney too much- we'll always find the money to go.
Many Happy Returns INDEX - May/June 2023
Disneyloverz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 15, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Orlando has so much more to offer than just Disney
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 15, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I would still go and give Disney a miss, my kids want to go to typhoon lagoon though. I am not sure of the price for four of us for one day, might give it a miss if its silly money!