Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Sep 19, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

The snail is the most natural looking thing in the can. Has anyone ever had a pea in a tin of snails?
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

On the plus side, at least you know they definitely are garden peas...where else would you get a snail
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by blusteryday View Post
I would have been happy with a genuine "Good grief, that's awful and not what we set out to do" rather than a few platitudes and 40p.
So why didn't you say that in your response to Tesco, Rob? Instead of "40p?!".
That response made it seem like the only thing you were interested in was the money. You could've said, "I was hoping for a more emotive response" or something.

BTW, I do have my tongue firmly in my cheek. Although I still find it interesting that your primary response is over the amount of money.

Anyway, what I find amusing is that they said "it is disappointing that we failed to miss this". Failed to miss it? So they knew the snail was in there all along.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
The snail is the most natural looking thing in the can. Has anyone ever had a pea in a tin of snails?
Was that pea or pee? The answer is neither, but I dread to think what strange things go on in some production lines! 🤢
Old 17 Sep 19, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
So why didn't you say that in your response to Tesco, Rob? Instead of "40p?!".
That response made it seem like the only thing you were interested in was the money. You could've said, "I was hoping for a more emotive response" or something.

BTW, I do have my tongue firmly in my cheek. Although I still find it interesting that your primary response is over the amount of money.

Anyway, what I find amusing is that they said "it is disappointing that we failed to miss this". Failed to miss it? So they knew the snail was in there all along.
Next time I'll be more up front with my demand for $10,000,000 in non-serial numbered notes, and a jumbo jet destined for South America

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by blusteryday View Post
Next time I'll be more up front with my demand for $10,000,000 in non-serial numbered notes, and a jumbo jet destined for South America
If that's what you actually want, then go for it! Stop pretending to everyone that you want an emotive apology from Tesco or for them to put checks in place so that it should never happen again.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List