Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Sep 19, 02:21 AM  
Link to this Post
dvc
Imagineer

dvc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We have recently stayed at the Best Western Plus Grosvenor on Airport Blvd in South SF. It was close the the BART station 40 mins to downtown SF. So easy to get around SF using public transport far better than trying to drive into SF. Cost around $125 dollars per night including breakfast. Can recommend
dvc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Shmee View Post
We didn’t pay as much as that! It was less than £300 a night (can’t remember how much sorry). We booked via Expedia and it included a full breakfast each day for the four of us. The breakfast was fab, would have cost $40 each per day cash, so I think we got a great deal. We booked in Sept 2018 for a 4 night stay at the end of June beginning of July 2019.

Keep checking on tripadvisor etc for the best deals on the hotels, book cancelable rates and cancel if you get a better deal. However I think I only ended up cancelling one hotel after finding a better rate than the initial one. Must have been lucky to book right first time.😃
I generally look online - Expedia or hotels.com etc find the best deal then call the hotel direct and see if they can better it. Always been able to get a better deal that way and yes ask for free breakfast and evening reception and generally they will do that if you book there and then and pay upfront !

End of August / September often has a lot of Government conferences going in as it’s down time the week before labor weekend but deals can be had. I never ever have paid the rack rate for a room anywhere in USA
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Shmee
Imagineer

Mobile

[QUOTE=megaflyer;14080445]I generally look online - Expedia or hotels.com etc find the best deal then call the hotel direct and see if they can better it. Always been able to get a better deal that way and yes ask for free breakfast and evening reception and generally they will do that if you book there and then and pay upfront !

Thanks for the tip, will try that next time.😃
Shmee is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
metalguru
Apprentice Imagineer

metalguru's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I always stay in the suburbs and use the BART or drive in and use Spot Hero for cheap parking in SF. Two years ago it was Milpitas in a Hyatt Place opposite the Tesla factory. Free shuttle to the BART station from the hotel.

Edited at 11:35 PM.
metalguru is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

We did 4 nights last year in SF and I remember the eye watering cost of hotels. I had a cancel-able booking for Columbus motor Inn, I can't remember how much but about a month before we went I found a great price for Hotel Zoe on Expedia, I think it was about $200 a night. Great hotel and lovely area. If I was to return I wouldn't be so picky about what area to stay in and just find something cheap and cheerful (for SF) and use Uber.
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
lovinit
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Another vote here for cow hollow Inn.
lovinit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

We stayed at the holiday inn express fishermans wharf in San Francisco and would recommend. Don't forget if you have clubcard points from tesco You can use them on some hotels through hotels.com. We used them when booking Tenaya lodge for Yosemite (unfortunately we had to cancel due to fires though). We also made huge savings at a couple of hotels in California (lighthouse suites Pismo beach and Bahia San Diego) by speaking on live chat with the hotel, they gave me much better prices than their website or any other online site quoted.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

We've been to SF a couple of times and stayed at Pier 2620 at Fishermans Wharf ( I think the names changed since we last went) we loved the hotel and the location, rooms were a reasonable size and a bit quirky. From memory I think we paid around £300 a night on the last visit and booked with Expedia. Previously I believe we booked with net flights. Friends recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Fisherman Wharf and rated it highly.
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List